FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my brand new FS2000.....at Parris Island MCRD...only to find when I got home it was missing the cleaning kit, manual, registration card, etc. It only had one mag and a NRA card in the box.

What was supposed to have been in the box?

Called the gun store today on base....they basically said they had to look around since they moved the store recently on base....ARGH

·
Registered
24 Posts
picked up one early last year, it came with one 30rg magazine, manual, cleaning kit, safety lock and a bolt stay. The fs2000 Blue box was still sealed in a brown shipping box when I arrived to pick it up and actually watched them open it so I'm quite sure nothing was missing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yes he is right mine also had a rifle, cleaning kit , owners manual , 30rd magazine, gun lock, and came in a blue box with Styrofoam

marines eh? you guys are lucky to have one on base i have to drive 1/2 a mile out of town for one and 1/2 after that to the range

from your fellow a zoomie :?

·
Registered
459 Posts
You need to get that little cleaning kit as it also has some tools in it specifically for the FS2000.....(although you can make do with other tools).

But then again, if I buy a NIB gun I expect it to have the manual and other items that is suppose to come with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yep, you are going to need the cleaning kit, and the special tools in there to remove the gas piston. (A small phillips screw driver will work in a pinch, just get a small one that has a handle diameter that will fit up the hole where the guide rod/spring goes, and you are in like flint.)

This is what you should have got in the box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 2. Direct from the distributor into my hands (I'm a dealer). Only one of the two had the cleaning kit. I didn't think about contacting FN because I'm not so anal needing to have all the packing, etc... I shoot my rifles. But upon reading that a tool in the kit is needed I probably should contact them...

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Call Bob Ailes and he'll take care of it.

Be careful with the oreo cookie tool though. It's a delicate tool.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts