FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I looked around and couldn't find any info via iPhone but no luck. So what is it?

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Incendiary Tracer

The 5.56mm incendiary tracer, (I/Tr), tracers 500m and explodes upon impact with a hard target. It is a fantastic shooting training aid and is very popular at machine gun shoots. Tracer color is available in red, green, yellow, orange or white with combinations of tracer color to create ranging tracer. Standard in stock color is red trace, please allow additional time for other colors. If you desire a color not listed please call us and we will see if we can meet your request

Currently in Stock - $35/10rds

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Orange is tracer. LC 88 NATO cross

Red is incendiary. LC 83 no other markings

Or vice versa.... I've found info on those but the blue & red devil seems to be extremely elusive.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agh the power of a computer haha. These are 7.62x51 but the projectiles I'm sure correspond. Thanks P-Factor.

I also have the black tip stuff somewhere which would just be AP, I think.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
****!! I wanted a few more incendiaries!!!

I went ahead and added the head stamp info to the orange and red rounds. Thanks for the help gentleman.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
MC,
API-T. Chile headstamp. I say the AP part because of the double cannula. That stuff will set the woods on fire.
Its Chilean head stamp, for sure. However, I cant find anything else that would indicate it is API-T. Do you have a link by chance?

Possible Reloads?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
From this site: Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association

The "F" stamp is used by several makers.

FCartoucherie Française, Paris, France3
FFábricas y Maestranzas del Ejército, Santiago, Chile15
FFrankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, PA3
FGiulio Fiocchi, Lecco, Italy1
FP.W. U. Fabryka Amunicji, Skarzysko-Kamienna, Poland3
FSmall Arms Ammunition Factory No. 1 Footscray, Australia11

·
Registered
110 Posts
On this same subject I recall a company that sold surplus military bullets that were pulled such as API or AP black tip. I can not find the link to it if anyone knows thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts