FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was just wondering what those of you that have your concealed carry permits carry? My favorite is S & W Shield, a but I have several other options. Currently I am carrying my Sig 380. What do you prefer and why? My current carry gun is the is th Sig 380 and it does not have a safety. I was nervous about that but I think I like the fact it does not have a safety. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Either a Glock 27 in Ultra deep cover holster in waist and P-32 in leg-holster, or a PF-9 in deep cover waist and a NAA min-revolver around neck in a neck holster. Open carry only fishing or hunting or range a M-9 or Walther P-99 (all of these are loaded with Liberty ammo in either 9mm or in .40 S&W, which will defeat 3A Armor, except the P-32 loaded with mag-safe) or a CZ-52 or Tok with steel-core ammo!

Reactions: Szange01

·
Premium Member
8,130 Posts
I carry a Sig P320 Compact 9mm. I believe in firepower which only comes from hi-cap magazines and I carry a spare for a total of 31 124g HST's. I'm also a firm believer in using one pistol for all HD/SD scenarios. I do not as a rule believe any SD/HD pistol should have a safety, people tend to believe they will be able to think clearly and manipulate safeties in a true SD/HD situation when reality and statistics indicate otherwise. If you aren't comfortable, confident or competent enough to carry a weapon on your person without a safety don't carry a weapon period.......my .02! YMMV

·
Registered
289 Posts
Still carrying my 5.7, but with it getting warmer in MI I'll be back to something a bit smaller here soon.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Wheel gun.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I carry a Springfield 1911A1 with 8rd mag.
Not a firepower carry sidearm due to the limited number of rounds, but it is the pistol I am most comfortable shooting if I ever have to resort to it.

Sooner or later, I will save up and look for a FiveseveN as a carry sidearm.
The 20rd capacity and the very small recoil compared to the .45 makes this very appealing as a firepower and quick target requisition sidearm.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hello all,

I was just wondering what those of you that have your concealed carry permits carry? My favorite is S & W Shield, a but I have several other options. Currently I am carrying my Sig 380. What do you prefer and why? My current carry gun is the is th Sig 380 and it does not have a safety. I was nervous about that but I think I like the fact it does not have a safety. Thoughts?
Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26 or a 5 shot snubbie.

I may be retiring my little revolvers from summer duty with the introduction of the Glock 43 single stack 9mm.

Then I will Rock Out With My Glock Out 24/7/365..

I wish the G43 was a little smaller like my G26 but it's thin enough that I could probably hide it in a pocket holster as long as I wear actual "Man Pants" instead of those fashion victim things my wife keeps buying for me.

She was actually threatening to dispose of my khakis and cargo shorts until I showed her that I can't hide a pistol in those tight friggin pajama boy pants she wants me to wear.

Now she even lays out my Man Pants if we are going into Denver or ABQ after 5pm.

She likes it when I am packing so she doesn't have to carry her "Gun Purse".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Generally a Glock G36. It hides and carries very well; and we prefer the .45ACP as a defense round. For warmer weather and when a very small firearm is indicated, we have carried a Sig P238 for some time, but we have just acquired a new Glock G43. We are in the process of experimenting with the G43 to determine its acceptability for carry. Preliminary results are quite encouraging. It may replace the Sig in the near future.

We trudge on.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts