FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like a cool piece of gear (that I would most likely never buy)--BUT I'm thinking the $125 rebate was better.

DARN I should have jumped on one last month... :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you Health. I would have rather had the money but I guess the mat will do. I still think I got a good deal when I purchased my rifle for $1350.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just sent my info in today. I think it is perfect for this rifle while shooting prone. However three extra magazine would have been much better or maybe a bipod. The claim this pad costs $180.00 which means they are getting them for about $70.00.

One extra magazine and a Otis cleaning kit would fit the bill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think they've got a bunch of pads they don't know what to do with. Who's going to buy a pad? No one. Who's going to buy extra mags? Everyone!

I'd take the mags in a heart beat too!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got my free shooting mat today. I have never used one so I am not sure how it stacks up, but this thing seems to be real nice. I am six foot tall and this has plenty of room for me. It is army green, has large buckles, has a round holder and a zippered pocket for a mag or two. The quality seems to be real nice. :?
Now I am just waiting on my mags, hope they get here before AWB does. :-x

·
Registered
197 Posts
My shooting mat arrived today. Only took about a month since I FAX'd in the info. Not bad.

Dang, this thing is big! It is 70" long by 35" wide. If I get rired of shooting, I can take a nap. :cool:

It looks like a great mat, but I don't shoot prone at the range, although one would permit it. All in all, if I had $1000 to spend on accessories, a mat is near the last thing I'da bought. But, oh well...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my mat

My shooting mat came today and I am really impressed. Wish I had chosen a green rifle case to go with it instead of black.

exgunn

·
Registered
93 Posts
I faxed my forms into FNH and had my mat within a week; wish they were that quick with the mags.

I wasn't sure if I even wanted the mat, but after receiving it and seeing the quality I'm pretty happy with it. I don't know how much use I'll get using it with my FNAR but I think it would make a great mat for prairie dog hunting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why does FNH need to have my FFL 427 Form - With my SSN, Name, and Address.

after sending in my request for the mat and giving them the FFL contact information so that they could confirm that it was purchase via an FFl. They are now giving me a Hard time for not releasing the FORM and trying to strong arm my FFL to release the information.

:-x

Give me an F'ing break even the FBI doesn't get this info. why should I release it to a dealer..

Down here in the South we value our Rights and Independence 8) . At a time when our rights are under so much attack why would a fire Arms company not just verify based on the Serial Number. I mean come on.

This act by the promotions department has totaly turned me off on FNH USA.

So much for buying the Five-Seven I have been Eyeing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine in about 3 weeks. It is very nice, kind of like the ones we used in the army when I was practice sniping. Good quality, just wish they could produce a magazine as fast as I got this...

John

·
Banned
5 Posts
I just picked up my FNAR a few days ago, and so far I have not seen any information on a free shooting mat. Can someone tell me if the promotion is still going on, and if so, where can I find out about it?
Thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I plan on sending mine in with a note attached reading: "Please substitute $180 worth of M A G A Z I N E S for my one mag wonder FNAR!

As for the Social Security Number - I NEVER put that on a 4473. Anybody who works at the gun shop with access to the firearms records will be able to look at social sec. numbers any time they want. It is NOT required on the form.

Here is the page for the shooting mat info:

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/promos/FNARmat.asp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts