Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What gen pack do I have, and how can you tell? I read the sticky and am confident that I know the answer to this question, but please, post away! I'd like to include a poll in the spirit of election day, but am having a problem with that. This is a good way to get post counts up for people though. Thanks!

Thanks, guys!

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
That is a Gen 2.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Later Gen. 2--- hey, where the the "Trigger Pack" stickey go--- very informational!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
I saw on the sticky that the gen 2 front sear could be black or gray.
The only two colors on the front sear that I know of are green and grey.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My bad, I'm learning! I am guessing the "later" gen 2s had the grey front sear seeing that the gen 1s (and probably early gen 2s) had green ones?

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
My bad, I'm learning! I am guessing the "later" gen 2s had the grey front sear seeing that the gen 1s (and probably early gen 2s) had green ones?
Well I can't say for sure. My PS was bought In 2006 and has an early Gen 2, the front sear is grey. :biggrin:

·
Registered
147 Posts
If this person has a real gen2 for sale a money shot should be posted...without the money shot this is nothing more than a $68 special if it was in stock

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
If this person has a real gen2 for sale a money shot should be posted...without the money shot this is nothing more than a $68 special if it was in stock
Once again you care to explain?

You've shown in the past you have a problem with what a Gen 2 is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Real gen 2

With your longevity on forum- you know what I am talking about. Like I said if anyone wants the real deal PM me
the sweet spot has your spring sitting on raised divot this is part 531

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
And part 531, the front sear, is of no use to the collector, to SOT's, but not to collectors. And that "divot" as you call it is on every Gen 2 I've seen unless they have been tampered with. And that's as much detail as we'll go into on here.

The pack shown is a Gen 2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now I'm confused. I've had several emails saying I got screwed. Not sure why. Apparently some gen 2s are not *real* gen 2s? I dunno.

·
Premium Member
21,738 Posts
Now I'm confused. I've had several emails saying I got screwed. Not sure why. Apparently some gen 2s are not *real* gen 2s? I dunno.
Be careful who you take your information from. We've had people on here who bought Gen 2's and then returned them saying they were not real Gen 2's, and as it turned out they don't know what a Gen 2 is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.