FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following along the lines of the This or That thread. I thought of another one. It may turn out to be a flop, or it may become interesting and educational. It's like a 20 questions type game.

The first poster gives a clue about the gun in mind. Since the original poster may not be able to visit the thread to answer questions every few minutes there can be a maximum of 3 questions asked before the original poster has to answer all of them. Then more questions can be asked.

I will be out of town a couple of days this weekend so I may not be able to reply Saturday and part of Sunday. So, if I haven't replied and three questions are waiting to be answered, you'll just have to wait until I can reply. If more than 3 questions were asked, only the first three will be answered. The other questions will have to be re-asked.

More than one subject gun can be running in this thread at one time if it would be more fun. I will start the first one and call it "TA's" gun. But I'll leave it up to ya'll to decide if my gun has to be correctly guessed and then winner gets to pick the next gun for us to try and figure out, or if multiple members can have their own guessing game running at the same time. We can work out other details as we need to.

Rules about the guns. It must be a pistol or rifle that was mass or widely produced. Like popular military arms, hunting rifles, shotguns, etc.

Muzzel loaders, prototypes, custom jobs, would not be fair.

I suggest we stick to arms that use standard cartridges. 22, 32, 38, 357, 5.7mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, etc... Mass produced arms in at least semi well known calibers. The idea is to make it guessable... but not too easy. A short sentence will do to start... If no guesses are made for a while, another hint can be given to get things rolling again. I'll do an easy one to start with. It does not have to be a gun you own.

*The gun is considered guessed when the Manufacturer, Model, Caliber, and action, are guessed.* (unless you want to make it harder)

TA's Gun.
It was in military service in WWII.

TA

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

·
Registered
205 Posts
So, can we ask Questions regarding the gun, or do we just have to quess what gun it is, and you give out clues?

If we can ask: Was it used by US Military?

If we only guess: German Mauser Kar98k Caliber 8mm Bolt Action

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I actually had to do some work there for a while.

1. ShipWreck, no.

2. Reaper, by all means, all questions are acceptable. Except... "What is it" So, Yes, it was in the US Military.

3. Real McCoy, nope.

Reaper has the right idea on how to narrow it down first before getting to the specifics. Is it a rifle? Is it a Pistol? Was it issued to..., etc.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, 3 Questions then, lol

1: Is it a Rifle?

2: Is is a pistol?

3: Is it a Browning BAR?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One question per post, up to three posts will be answered at one time if it takes me a while to check back.

Yes it is a rifle.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hmmm. Springfield M1903?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, let's narrow it down then...

Bolt Action, Semiautomatic or Pump Action?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's three questions in one but I'll answer it anyway.

Semiauto and was select full auto.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
It could be an M2 Carbine then, Caliber .30M1

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!
We have a winner!

Carbine, Cal .30, M2
Early 1945
The M2 Carbine was a selective fire (capable of fully-automatic fire) version and was used with a 30-round magazine
About 600,000 produced

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine#Carbine.2C_Cal_.30.2C_M2

Alright Reaper... I guess it's your turn.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK, let's start that with a really helpful clue.

This Weapon appeared the first time in combat during the Vietnam War.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was it made in the USA at that time?

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, it was made in the US.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts