FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread about what gun is your fav - so, what gun do U regret buying?

My first gun was a Glock 17 - it was jammomatic city. It never worked right. I knew that was unusual, so it didn'ts top me from buying other Glocks later - but, this gunw as horrible...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Probably my SIG P220 Carry in Nickel. But only because I'm worried I will use a cleaner that will hurt the nickel or the copper layer under it.

TA

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first purchase was a Glock 19... The *only* reason I regret buying it is because I could have got a nicer pistol for what I paid for it :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
A long time ago i bought a tech 9 when they first came out 1989 maybe later well i took it to the range and found out the rifleing stoped half way up the barrel everyround tumbled......POS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Desert Eagle 357 mag (mark 1).

I bought it used. It was giving me tons of problems like:

-Improper cycle even with grain/velocity that DE recommanded for 357mag
-Safety will move about 1/2 way, every 5 rounds of fire.
-Slide catch didn't work well after numerous usage. (fast wear tare).
-really picky on ammunition (see #1 )

Maybe it is mark1 that does this. Maybe it is 357mags. Just wasn't happy with Desert eagle. I couldn't sell this POS to people, so I sold most of the parts on eBay, and sold the frame on Glocktalk (FFL transfer).

:x

·
Registered
262 Posts
When I turned 21, I went to the gun store to buy the G19 I had been eyeing up for a few months and the guy behind the counter talked me into a S&W Sigma 9mm. I was set on the G19 but was having some financial issues and he was really selling me on it so I got it instead.

Lesson learned - Never buy another Sigma and do your research before you go to buy....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Never had regrets over anything I bought, but I have sure kicked myself over the years for some of the guns I've sold.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thompson, I love it but it's slightly off center from the barrel. Causing excess jamming and receiver wear. Won't sell it cause of a bad conscience on the haps if someone was to get hurt. So I have $1000 paper weight! :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
RiverRat said:
Never had regrets over anything I bought, but I have sure kicked myself over the years for some of the guns I've sold.
That's the truth. I wish I had back every gun I've sold, except one.

TA

·
Registered
170 Posts
CHICAGO TYPEWRITER said:
Thompson, I love it but it's slightly off center from the barrel. Causing excess jamming and receiver wear. Won't sell it cause of a bad conscience on the haps if someone was to get hurt. So I have $1000 paper weight! :cry:
An original or a Kahr replica?

·
Registered
125 Posts
One of those FN 49/56 in 308 that were out a few years ago. Maybe the original French caliber worked better, but mine couldn't get through a magazine without jamming several times. :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My wife had a crappy Llama .45 she had bought. Brought it home and while she was cleaning it the thing fell apart. Took it back and have never bought anything wlse by the company. Pretty much convinced us that you have to be careful when buying.

I had a H&K P9 that seemed like it would be a good weapon. Super super accurate, but it frequently jamed; the shell would catch in the breech due to heat expansion. To clear it, you would have to drop the mag and slam the handle on something to get the thing to clear the shell. Gunsmith had a look at it and found nothing mechanically wrong. Just toleranced REALLY tight. Got rid of it, promptly.

Most recently had one of the S&W-made PPK/S. My wife bought it for me for Valentine's Day a few years back. Damned thing kicked like a ***** and jammed a lot. Ejector broke. Replaced it. Still jammed about every couple of rounds. I was surprised because I'd had an FEG knockoff of the PPK that functioned very well. Thing was complete crap.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do U still have the PPK? I have read a lot of complaints about them - but if ya send it back to S&W to work on, they seem to do a pretty good job in fixing them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My first .22 bull barrel standard model High Standard target pistol when I turned 21 y/o.

I was competing in my local gun club and my High Standard shoots very accurately but jams all the time. :(

I didn't want to bring it to a gunsmith for reliability work because I needed a good pistol urgently for my ongoing match, so I just sold it and got an imported international type target pistol which was very reliable compared to my former High Standard.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
My Sig P238. Super picky on ammo that it'll extract properly (it like's the expensive ammo). My friend wants it, but I refuse to sell it to him (because of the extraction issue). It'll probably get traded in on my next purchase.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts