FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Tarus 605 357, should have saved and got a S&W.

Sold it and bought the S&W.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Taurus 25 acp, forget the model number. Bought it in a bathroom at a strip club 20 years ago for 20 dollars, the guy was that desperate for another lap dance. More jams than rounds fired, traded it for a banjo , learned how to play Hey Joe.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Beretta 96 DAO. The trigger pull was atrocious(hope I spelled that right) Felt like it was a 10-12 pound pull. Fed well but pulling the trigger took two people.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Every single one. :-(

I wish somebody would have given them to me as gifts. :D

No regrets. It was a learning process with all of them. Even the junk. :?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Buying, not a one. Now selling is another story. :D

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
jhs27275 said:
Buying, not a one. Now selling is another story. :D
Same here.

·
Premium Member
10,657 Posts
I only regret buying my first one. Because after thousands of dollars later, I have figured out that I have an incurrable addiction, I love guns!! Oh, and the small fortune I could have saved :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
S&W Airweight .38 J frame...

Too much $$, horrible to clean, too small for my med/large hands and no fun to shoot. It was too lively with +p rounds given the weight of the firearm...not painful, just no fun. Every time I took it to the range my friends would run a few rounds through it, put it down on move on something else stating "not a fan of that one man." Good for concealed carry (which we can't get here in Illinois anyway) ...bad for everything else. Traded it in on a 1911...much more fun at the range.

Since then the price on them has shot through the roof...absurd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ruger 22/45. I have a lot of problems with the bullet jamming into the bottom of the feed ramp and splitting the bullet. I'm thinking about selling it. I would rather have a Springfield National Match M1A.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quality over Quantity

I usually research and buy guns on Quality over Quantity. The only gun I ever fired that I did not like was the M16A1. It jammed on me at a very bad time in my life. It was not designed for long term outdoor living. I would have traded it for a Bow and Arrow at the time.
It's well over 20 years later, I own a lot of revolvers and very picky about any Semi Autos I own.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Non, contrary to popular belief as an ammunition maker I am not a millionaire. Guns sit on my to buy list for years and I have plenty of time to analyze and perform long term studies, if you will, on that list.

Spontaneous purchases happen but only for something I have been wanting for years.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I dont regret any of my firearm purchases

·
Banned
105 Posts
An early '80s HK 91A2. The most uncomfortable to fire .308/7.62 ever made, fixed stock or collapsable. I still have it but hasn't been out fo the safe in at least 20 years. I'll probably have it stuck in the ground with me when my time comes just to remind me for all eternity that there are worse things than hell.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Damn, this is an old thread of mine brought back from the dead :D
Well since it's resurrected I remember buying a bazooka at a gun show but couldn't find any rockets for it, it was a regrettable purchase.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts