3,590 Posts
In this order:

5.7x28mm - shoot the most
9x19mm - Shoot this when I don't shoot 5.7 or when with other people
.40S&W - I shoot this every so often

·
Registered
408 Posts
Recoil is pretty heavy, but it's manageable. I posted a vid in that "ninja" post in the general section. I can get good doubles with it without a problem, but my Glock is also a "C", or compensated, so I'm sure that helps. It's stiffer than a .40, but not by much. I have a Kahr 98 Elite in .40 and it's smooth as butter, but that's because of the hogue grips I think. I used to have an XD in .40 and it felt like a mule kicking you in the palm of the hand compared to the Glock in .357. I think different designs as well as shooter ability really comes into account with different calibers. I'd recommend either a Glock or a Sig in .357Sig. Sig's just shoot like snot on wet glass for the most part (that's a good thing, think slick), but they have a tendancy to be ex-freeking-spensive. I reload .45, .40, 9mm, and several rifle rounds, so I shoot them all alot, but I carry the .357 so I shoot it the most. Other nice thing is, Glocks are good carry guns from an athstetic point of view. I'm not so worried about banging up my Glock like I would be if I carried my Kimber Raptor, or the Kahr.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, thanks.

The one 40 I have is a PX4 - I bought it because it is the lightest recoiling 40 I have ever shot.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Definitely .45 ACP for handguns. One half of my gun safe is chambered in .45, but I have short guns of 5 different calibers.

8)

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
9mm the most so far, about 2000 rounds, with 40 S&W coming in second with 130 rounds. Now I'm going to shoot the 40 more often with my new FNP 40 :?

·
Banned
328 Posts
What is the recoil like? More or less than a 40 cal recoil?

I have a Glock 31 and have a friend with the same Glock in .40 so I have been able to shoot both and compare. The 357 does not kick any harder than the .40 - it seems to be slightly easier to control but I didn't do a true scientific test (ie shooting both pistols while not knowing which is which - mine has nights sights and the other doesn't so I can't pick one up without knowing which it is. Probably not a good idea to shoot with my eyes shut either) so my bias towards mine may color the results. I also compared it directly with a Glock .45 which definitely recoils more.

I would say if you have no problem with the .40 than the 357 will give you no trouble.

·
Banned
114 Posts
.45 acp.

This one probably could've been a poll.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts