FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what happened to FNUSA’s bolt guns?

Did they not sell?

Signed,

Very Disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Well they still have the Ballista, sadly evidently there wasn't enough demand for the SPRs. I was a fan but honestly there isn't much demand for a 2K plus .308 bolt gun in the market. Too many very accurate rifles available for a lot less and if you're not selling a 6.5 creedmoor you're not in the market IMO. I had my A5M rebarrelled into one of the 6mm calibers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they still have the Ballista, sadly evidently there wasn't enough demand for the SPRs. I was a fan but honestly there isn't much demand for a 2K plus .308 bolt gun in the market. Too many very accurate rifles available for a lot less and if you're not selling a 6.5 creedmoor you're not in the market IMO. I had my A5M rebarrelled into one of the 6mm calibers.
It’s really a shame as they were superb rifles, too.

They COULD have offered a 6.5 Creedmoor as it would not have required much from them.

I think the industry and public let slip a truly outstanding product.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It’s really a shame as they were superb rifles, too.

They COULD have offered a 6.5 Creedmoor as it would not have required much from them.

I think the industry and public let slip a truly outstanding product.

Definitely a shame they are superb rifles and Winchester really doesn't offer a Model 70 that is similar IMO.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Capacity! is what everyone wants in this day and age! I'm see some great deals on XPR A5M XP's NIB for $1775.00 :confused0068mf8: never seen this this cheap before!
Where are you finding them for that price????

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Scar 17 and Mk 20 seem to be filling the same role that the SPR used to...intermediate range precision rifle. Plus everyone and their brother has a new bolt-gun to offer...the precision bolt rifle market is quite flooded right now. So FN probably doesn't see enough demand.

I do like FN's quality and the fact that they chrome-line their barrels (makes maintenance so much easier)...For the $1200 the SPR A1's used to go for, they were quite a steal. Yeah you can get Ruger's and Remington's that are likely just as accurate, but I don't the think the overall build quality was comparable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just picked up a NIB FNH A5M XP for under $1,500 on gunbroker. Deals are out there while they last!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts