FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What got ya hooked on the PS90? What was it that grabbed your interest in the gun and made ya have to get 1?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Working at the White House

I was working as a contractor at the White House several summers ago. I was performing renovations on the "pony shed" where the NPS keeps their tractors and lockers. After seeing us daily for weeks, some of the Secret Service officers became social. Finally one let me examine his P90 sans mag or round in the chamber. I decided at that time that if I found a legal civilian version, I would get it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, it was SG-1 that did it for me too. Then I did some digging on the P90, and I hoped that a civvie version would follow.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Working at the White House

roundel said:
I was working as a contractor at the White House several summers ago. I was performing renovations on the "pony shed" where the NPS keeps their tractors and lockers. After seeing us daily for weeks, some of the Secret Service officers became social. Finally one let me examine his P90 sans mag or round in the chamber. I decided at that time that if I found a legal civilian version, I would get it.
Thats pretty kewl that ya got to play with the real thing - even just a little 8)

·
Registered
569 Posts
The moment I first held one at a local gunshow I was sunk: hook, line and sinker...
Tomac

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was facinated by the P90 the first time I saw one. A 50 round, clear magazine laying on top of the receiver :shock: Gimme!

Over the years it just seemed like some impossible dream. Then we had the assault weapons ban and all hope was lost. Who could imagine there would be a sunset to the ban and something like this would be offered? I had to get one, if for no other reason than to reward FN for offering it.

I also felt like I had to get one before the next, permanent, AWB is passed :cry:

O'neil?! What is wrong with you guys? Carter! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
First it was the look. I know the weapon a long time ago, and as soon as it became available, I gotta get it right a way.

I paid a bit much, since I got it when it first hit the market, but, I don't need any pistol carbines anymore. That's actually save me money.. :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, I was rather hooked by the P90, which I was able to test at work.

It has some flaws for sure (Sights), but still, it's a very impressive weapon.

Back in these days, I shot both, the P90 and other Submachine Guns in full-auto, and the P90 was the one with lowest, if any, muzzleclimb, even one handed. Now combine that with the outstanding ballistics the ammo has, and you have good weapon, if issued to the right hands.

It's only sad, that they are not that available in Europe, like they are in the US.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably short barrel mine. BUt then I don't think I'd even consider it for a self defense weapon. I'd probably reserve it 100% for range use then.

For me - no other rifle feels as good to me shouldered as this one. Everytime I bring it up into firing position, I get a smile :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
About eight years ago a was reading a tech magazine on FN and the P90 concept and its new 5.7 ammo. The article had a full spread of detailed pictures in the hands of forien special force operators.

I was impressed to say the least and i promised myself if i ever got the chance to own one it was going to happen. I remember seeing a civie prototype picture of the PS90 for the shot show in las Vagas two years ago with a grey stock, all i could remember was i had goose bumps.!! SG-1 did a good job and we all started seeing the beast on tv and it was a big bonus.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sieges said:
SG1 - the P90 has proven to be one of the best weapons against powerful alien lifeforms :D
Yes, I shoot replicators with it ALL the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
ShipWreck said:
What got ya hooked on the PS90? What was it that grabbed your interest in the gun and made ya have to get 1?
I remember reading a tech magazine 10 years or so ago about the P90 and the 5.7 round and thinking then that I would love to have one.
Then in February 2006 issue of SGN, David Fortier reviewed the PS90 and I HAD TO HAVE ONE! I bought one 22 January (my birthday) - and the price had come down about $200!

Sorry, I've never seen SG-1...

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wanted an FS2000 - can't find one
so i got the PS90
I am trying to build my collection of "guns that scare liberals"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts