FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used Rand clp and mil-comm oil and grease on my FNS and just now noticed in the manual it says not use any oils containing hydrocarbons. Are these products ok to use on the gun? I did a search and all that turned up was an old post talking about everyone's favorite lube and I didn't see either of these two mentioned. I really don't want to melt my frame so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've been using Frog Lube on all my firearms and I am very happy with the results.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Froglube for mine....been happy so far. That said I wouldn't hesitate to use Ballistol if I wanted to use something different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using G96 and it seems to work but doesn't seem to stay on the slide very long. I have been looking for Frog Lube or Ballistol but no one around my house sells either one. Would really like to try them before I buy a big bottle but just can't find any!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually just replied to Darkhorse77's other thread, so I will just paste the same post here..

I always say you should try several things and see which provides the best experience for you. I have tried Rem Oil, Ballistol, Hoppe's, and FrogLube.. In my PERSONAL opinion, FrogLube solvent and CLP (applied with HEAT) have made my weapon more smooth and more enjoyable to shoot. It also seems to clean easier after my weekly 250 round target sessions.

I have switched to FrogLube on all my weapons, and I have never been happier with them.

But again, YMMV, and you may have different opinion. but my FNS-40, Ruger 10/22 (in HTA Stock), and my 2 Ruger SR-22's love the FrogLube!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was a FL guy until I saw mold inside the stocks on a fellow instructor's Nighthawk.
Yes, he applied it correctly.

Since my TW25B's running out, I'm testing Lucas' Red & Tacky #2 as my grease.
My 1911, FNS-9, and Remington 1100 all seemed a tad smoother this weekend.
The Rand CLP works great on my M4.
Run it a little wet and cleanup's a breeze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts