FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a 9" 300 Blk Out SBR full rifle/PDW and since LWRC or HK do not make a Piston version I do not trust PWS as I do not like their piston design. Regardless of wait time and everything else what is the best, most reliable, accurate, Great CS, taking all factors into account, the best all around gun on the market??

·
Registered
192 Posts
KAC SR30 :mrgreen:
Maybe AAC next
I would add Noveske to the list. I built my own from a form 1'd Noveske Gen 2 lower and a factory 8.2" upper. I'm satisfied with it. With 300blk I like having the most compact package possible since there isn't the vast tradeoff between barrel length and velocity/muzzle blast like there is with my short 5.56 uppers. I use 300blk predominately for suppressed/subsonic use so your goals might be different than mine, but you did mention that you were looking for a PDW.

KAC needs to update the SR30 with the URX4. I like that rail a lot.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't know of anyone making a piston version. I thought 300blk was designed from the get go to use a DI pistol-length gas setup to work with both subsonic and supersonic.

I bought the AAC 9" PDW pistol. I stuck it on one of my SBR lowers and sent the AAC lower out to get engraved (after removing the Geiselle trigger) and applied for SBR on an eForm 1 for it.

it was $1299 with 80 rounds of 300blk ammo.

here it is on its temporary lower until I get the AAC lower back from engraving and approved for SBR (June I hope)

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Where does the Daniel Defense rate on the food chain? I have my eye on an upper that looks really good to me.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny I hear the KAC SR30 9.5 alot..I really would like to get the whole PKG with the SPIKES ST 30 COMPRESSOR alot but spikes is having internal problems.. they fired the founder who is seeing them and SPIKES WAS NOT READY TO WIN THE MAGAZINES 300 BLACK OUT CHALLENGE AND NOT THERE IS A 16 MONTH WAIT??? THEN ANOTHER 12 FOR YOUR STAMP?? I WANT A BAD AZZ PISTON PDW WITH AN A3 STOCK.. DAMMED IF YOU DO DAMMED IF YOU DON'T. ...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
AAC helped develop the round for suppressor use. Just saying, no experience. My AAC 9" is still in jail, but for the difference in price between the Spykes tactical or LWRC, I spent my money on a Wilson 6.8 upper and another suppresor to round out my arsenal.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
No doubt, but all my class III items are going into a trust- so resale is not of concern. I like the fact that you can use the AAC SDN can on multiple calibers. Even though the Spykes got great reviews-no doubt deserved, it's still very expensive for a specialty caliber. I look at the .300 as a fun gun to blast pigs and varmints w/in 100 yards shooting subs. I doubt I will put near as many rounds through it as my SCARs or other rifles, so I went on the lower end. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Spykes Tactical, if you can find one for sale. I just wish I bought a pistol version, and converted it so I could have shot it. ATF = suck

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No doubt, but all my class III items are going into a trust- so resale is not of concern. I like the fact that you can use the AAC SDN can on multiple calibers. Even though the Spykes got great reviews-no doubt deserved, it's still very expensive for a specialty caliber. I look at the .300 as a fun gun to blast pigs and varmints w/in 100 yards shooting subs. I doubt I will put near as many rounds through it as my SCARs or other rifles, so I went on the lower end. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Spykes Tactical, if you can find one for sale. I just wish I bought a pistol version, and converted it so I could have shot it. ATF = suck
That is what I am doing ATF approved shouldering the Sig Sauer Brace is not illegal..There you go..

·
Registered
415 Posts
I thought about adding the SIG brace to my AAC pistol lower, but decided to just SBR it anyway so I can have a matching upper/lower rifle.
It's $200 and a 3 month (I hope) wait. I am going to take the pistol buffer tube from the AAC and make a pistol lower from one of my spare stripped lowers that are sitting around.
I might, emphasize MIGHT, grab a SIG brace if I can grab one cheaply just to see how it works...

Actually, I have no idea why I am building the pistol lower. I don't plan on having any more short uppers lying around.
Then again, why not just build it because I can!

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I thought about adding the SIG brace to my AAC pistol lower, but decided to just SBR it anyway so I can have a matching upper/lower rifle.
It's $200 and a 3 month (I hope) wait. I am going to take the pistol buffer tube from the AAC and make a pistol lower from one of my spare stripped lowers that are sitting around.
I might, emphasize MIGHT, grab a SIG brace if I can grab one cheaply just to see how it works...

Actually, I have no idea why I am building the pistol lower. I don't plan on having any more short uppers lying around.
Then again, why not just build it because I can!

I am going to do the sig arm brace thing for now. I have 9 months to wait. 40 for the tube and 100 for the brace. I can sell it when done if I want to, but at least I can use it for now while I wait.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey it is a "dick gun"! I don't have a lot of experience, but I would have to say noveske, then AAC. I own one of each and both are fantastic fit and finish. U want an AAC with a knights armament set up. Kac I believe makes them and stamps AAC in them.
This is old but since I just received my ST Compressor and found this thread I wanted to get my 2 cents in there.

Dick gun? There are those of us who want a compact suppressed weapon that takes subsonic rounds and who don't have a lot of experience with building one. IDGAF if it is a bit pricey it will be protecting my family and property. Buying a complete highly rated one source gun is the smartest way to go for folks like me. So someone who says they don't have a lot of experience thinks the one I bought and waited a year for is a dick gun. The many folks who pre-ordered it knowing they would wait at least a year not including stamps aren't dicks. The guys at the gun shop were all drooling over it as soon as it came in. They all agreed it was an awesome build and they aren't dicks either. When I picked it up it was easy to tell the workmanship was outstanding. I've owned various types of guns all my life and I'm not a dick.

If you have never fired the ST Compressor calling it a dick gun was pretty unfair, especially since it looks like you resent what it costs and not what it is. You say you don't have a lot of experience, so why slam a manufacturer when you really don't know what you are talking about?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
This is old but since I just received my ST Compressor and found this thread I wanted to get my 2 cents in there.

Dick gun? There are those of us who want a compact suppressed weapon that takes subsonic rounds and who don't have a lot of experience with building one. IDGAF if it is a bit pricey it will be protecting my family and property. Buying a complete highly rated one source gun is the smartest way to go for folks like me. So someone who says they don't have a lot of experience thinks the one I bought and waited a year for is a dick gun. The many folks who pre-ordered it knowing they would wait at least a year not including stamps aren't dicks. The guys at the gun shop were all drooling over it as soon as it came in. They all agreed it was an awesome build and they aren't dicks either. When I picked it up it was easy to tell the workmanship was outstanding. I've owned various types of guns all my life and I'm not a dick.

If you have never fired the ST Compressor calling it a dick gun was pretty unfair, especially since it looks like you resent what it costs and not what it is. You say you don't have a lot of experience, so why slam a manufacturer when you really don't know what you are talking about?
Calm down dude he is referring to the spikes lower, it has nothing to do with the size of your dick or anything else. People say the spider legs look like 2 dicks, I don't really see it but many do.

I'll refer to your last sentence in your post but direct it at you given the circumstances...

As for me I am using a 8.9" CMMG barrel and am really enjoying it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts