FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the difference between a p90 and an ps90 ?
also i want to see if anyone can help me and tell me if it is legal for a civilian or a police officer to own a p90 in the united states or ny
thx for ur help :grin:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
P90 has a shorter barrel and is semi and full auto. PS90 has a barrel approx 6 inches longer, and is only semi auto.

P90 can only be owned by the military or a law enforcement agency. An officer cannot personally own one. A specially licensed FFL can also have a dealer sample. That's the only way.

U can shortbarrel a PS90 thru the correct forms with the ATF, however. It just will not be fullauto.

As per fed law - individuals cannot own post 1986 machine guns. Sucks too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot for ur help if and when i get a p90 i only want it to be semi so that works for me i dont really like the longer barrel i also wanna find a website or a place on the forums witch shows witch states alow certain weapons like ars, automatics etc..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Try here for starters...
http://www.mp5.net/info/sbsconr.htm

For silencers, Gemtech keeps a nice page....
http://www.gem-tech.com/legal.html

And of course, you can always call the NFA branch of the ATF. They will not process your form 1 if your state does not allow SBR or rifles under a certain length (PS90 is not legal in CA unless the gun is lengthened)

DO NOT rely on local law enforcement for advice!!!

Use google to read up on your State's firearm regulations. It's much easier to look on a State by State basis more so than an all in one type of site. State laws change frequently and it would take a lot of work to keep something like that up to date. Here in GA, a majority of our laws come into effect July 01 every year.

Use www.titleii.com to fill out the forms.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
S.W.A.T. Lieutenant said:
thanks alot for ur help if and when i get a p90 i only want it to be semi so that works for me i dont really like the longer barrel i also wanna find a website or a place on the forums witch shows witch states alow certain weapons like ars, automatics etc..
As far as I know, you cannot personally own a P90, even if it is semi auto version P90. (unless your dept pays for it and the dept actually owns it). The best you can do is buy a PS90 and then shorten the barrel (by doing the ATF paperwork).

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Ship, I heard somewhere that parts are NOT interchangeable between the P90 and PS90, is that correct?

In other words.... you cant fit a P90 trigger pack in a PS90. You can't interchange barrels between the systems. The recciver and barrel system don't fit into the stock, etc. Where was it I read that at, was it here? Designed that way on purpose to be sure.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
ick,

I heard the same as you, but no way to confirm it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That doesn't make much sense from a manufacturing perspective. Why would they want to retool every component simply to remove one feature that can be removed with an insertion, rather than retooling?

I cannot confirm it either way myself, but it sounds a bit silly from a manufacturing perspective.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I hear mixed stuff on that - there are some differences, however. I believe FN had to make some changes on the PS90 so people couldn't get one and try to turn it into a P90 by eventually aquiring various parts.

I think the trigger packs of each won't fit into the other.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Possibly, but that would require remanufacturing of the hammer group only, a little extra plastic here, or there, not a reworking of the receivers or barrels, I'd think.

Zhur

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Zhurdan said:
That doesn't make much sense from a manufacturing perspective. Why would they want to retool every component simply to remove one feature that can be removed with an insertion, rather than retooling?
I would agree. Next ASK FN someone should ask about it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
/edit - Post removed because I'm a moron posting airsoft videos.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
acmeraptor,

That is an airsoft gun. first thing I noticed was when the Mag was removed there wasn't the hole that the stock should have for the Mag opening. Marui is the manufacturer of that.

Dummy rounds in the mag.

That would be cool if the barrel came out like that! :?

When Obama takes away my ps90 I want to get one of those! :-x

http://www.airsoftcore.com/aegs/p2_articleid/93

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks SONY, I had my suspicions that something was funky about it. If I had actually investigated, I might not look like a dumdum right now. :cry: :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts