FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a PS90 owned by an individual. It is NIB and he has three of them. He said they are Gen I PS90 with the white reticle sight. He says it is worth more than the later models and made better.

I haven't found any information on different generation models other than changes in the color of the reticle.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

He is asking 1400 shipped. He is a friend of one of my military buddies and I haven't seen anything but pictures.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Boy, that sounds like a line of bull to me. The only thing I could think of is if his don't have forge marks or something on his receiver like mine does.

Isn't it pretty much a consensus that the white reticule is inferior... and therefore should carry LESS resale value?

To tell you the truth I don't know for a FACT that there is no difference otherwise, but this doesn't pass the smell test if you ask me.

"They are just made better" sounds like a non-specific platitude to me.

A helpful definition for the Baltimore Ravens fans....
A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased or prosaic statement that is presented as if it were significant and original. The word derives from plat, the French word for "flat".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm coming into this with no knowledge of the PS90. I briefly fired the USG model I believe at the range with the black reticle and would like to purchase one. I have found a dealer that sales current production PS90's for around 1550 shipped. I just don't want to try and skimp 100-150 and buy one from this guy and get the white reticle unless it really has some extra value. I have never seen the white reticle but have not heard good things about it.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
1400 is a good price in my book. I'd get it and put an REM3 on it and be a happy camper.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ditto on the $1400
The white sight sucks big time

the newer ones come with a black reticle sight which is much better

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
IIRC the first run of PS90s had a slightly different FH that made it easier to drill out the blind pin to SBR and the trigger pack was black not grey.
Other than that, they never really changed anything to make it worth more. Trigger pack is still the same (except in color).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the help and information. So for 100-150 difference would you pay more for the black reticle or get the white and buy the LED module to illuminate the white reticle?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
SOmeone on here a while back claimed that the finish on the stocks now is a little better than what it was in the beginning. But, I have no personal knowledge of that.

·
Vendor
5,842 Posts
For the difference in money I'd say get the Black Reticule! :shock:

If you can get the White Reticule for around $1200 then I'd get that.
Once you put on the REM T3 the Sight is really 100% better. I personally like the ability of having an illuminated reticule. :D

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
On E-bay you can sell the white reticule for $50 to $100 the black reticule will sell for $400 to $600, Guess which one is better. For the price difference I would go with the black sight.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
ShipWreck said:
SOmeone on here a while back claimed that the finish on the stocks now is a little better than what it was in the beginning.
Correct, I forgot about that one too. I have both stocks. The new ones have a more softer texture feel while the old ones feel like hard plastic.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Prior to the Obama panic buying, the white reticle PS90s were selling NEW for $1250. They were the lowest priced PS90s. Your friend is giving you a line of bull!!!! With that said, if the price was right there's nothing terribly wrong with the white reticle PS90 but I think the price should be considerably lower than the other models.

I have two tri rails because I wanted to use Aimpoint H-1 optics. If I was going to get a USG model it would be the one with the black reticle.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
well I just bought a PS90 TR and when the FFL transfer and all fees were said and done I spent $1850 :cry: . I got ripped off and price gouged, it was either that price or not owning one :roll: (asshole price gougers)

BUT it was the 2nd best deal I found. I looked everywhere...I probably got 50 different price quotes

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well there's not much we can do about the increased prices as long as someone is willing to pay them.

I sold an "extra" unfired black PS90 TR on GunBroker at the end of October for $1439......guess that may have been one of the last "normal" prices. At $1439 I lost money based on my original purchase price, auction fee, etc. But that's the money I wanted out of it and so it was OK for both me and the buyer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TDH said:
I am looking at a PS90 owned by an individual. It is NIB and he has three of them. He said they are Gen I PS90 with the white reticle sight. He says it is worth more than the later models and made better.

I thought the old PS90 had a double sear trigger pack. That been the main difference.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
trigger packs never changed on the PS90, It was the FS2000 trigger packs that were redesigned.

·
Registered
240 Posts
PS90 Reticle

I personally like the white with the REM3. The black is very good but the black is difficult to use when shooting at target with with a black center ring or background. The white reticle with the REM3 solves the black background and the white background issues and it's only 89 bucks.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts