FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the next gun that you have your eye on? I always like seeing what other guys are into and occasionally I run across something that has yet to catch my eye...

I'm currently eyeing a LWRC PDW and i'll probably get one pending availability (I don't think any have shipped yet). While there are some limitations, based on its length... I like its ability to be extremely compact, I think the weight is around 5 pounds without a mag. I would probably throw an Aimpoint Micro on it and call it a day. The bronze cerekote finish is the HEAT, but it's supposedly not an option at the moment unless you DIY.

2istnx4.jpg

I look forward to getting feedback and hearing about your next purchase or just what you've been scoping out!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That is one sweet looking PDW!!! WOW!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
But my up next firearm is

Pistol- a 1911 (don't own one but started to get the itch for one), maybe looking to get a Ruger 1911, or Taurus 1911 (yeah I'm cheap so what!!)

Rifle- Maybe an AK

Shotgun- Mossberg 500 or 590

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Ak sam7sf,

noveske 10 inch blackout with sb15 brace, also will interchange upper with 12 infidel upper

sig mpx pistol and form. 1 to convert to sbr

i would like a repr by lwrc but not very likely.

i hope to pick up a sip p229 stainless rosewood grips or equinox in 40 cal

fnx 45t

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently everyone has been working on an ultra shorty...

P1040464-1024x768.jpg

Of course there is the SCAR PDW... but I won't hold my breath... They could just make their stock available and I could rock it on my SBR... but again I won't hold my breath!

Troy_Defense_762_PDW.jpg

Even Troy has released a line in 5.56 and 308, but they have left a bad taste in several peoples mouth. The stock that they use appears to be the NEAGinc that uses a "buffer/boltcarrier" and a short spring.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
PWS MK109 300blk with and SB15 brace.

Compact
Piston driven
Can reliably be run subsonic.

FNX 45T because I'll need a pistol for the Osprey :-D

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Oh and I wouldn't mind having JoeyHP's bull pup conversion for the scar. I have been waiting with baited breath. Patiently :-D

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Apparently everyone has been working on an ultra shorty...

View attachment 27042

Of course there is the SCAR PDW... but I won't hold my breath... They could just make their stock available and I could rock it on my SBR... but again I won't hold my breath!

View attachment 27044

Even Troy has released a line in 5.56 and 308, but they have left a bad taste in several peoples mouth. The stock that they use appears to be the NEAGinc that uses a "buffer/boltcarrier" and a short spring.

Wow--- I want one of those!! Perfect conceal for automobile.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But my up next firearm is

Pistol- a 1911 (don't own one but started to get the itch for one), maybe looking to get a Ruger 1911, or Taurus 1911 (yeah I'm cheap so what!!)

Rifle- Maybe an AK

Shotgun- Mossberg 500 or 590
I'm getting into AKs... I recently picked up a Bulgarian SLR107. I haven't done anything to it yet... I'm thinking about possibly swapping the hand guard for a rail that will accept an RMR.

SLR107-21-1.jpg

I haven't taken any pics yet since it's so basic but its one of the stamped receivers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would love to get another but I'm going to finally finish my two SBRs and get them registered. Then comes two or three silencers. Just got to get past this rough spot and I'm back in business.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm getting into AKs... I recently picked up a Bulgarian SLR107. I haven't done anything to it yet... I'm thinking about possibly swapping the hand guard for a rail that will accept an RMR.

View attachment 27046

I haven't taken any pics yet since it's so basic but its one of the stamped receivers.
I've never owned one but definitely need to add one to my collection.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Ok this is for navy, and dawg. This ak us where it is at. Sam7sf. Best ak out there current production and prehaps all time. Very accurate. Has mist bells and whistles like American ar15--- chrome lined barrel, heat sinks, mil spec mag wells, NATO length--whole 9 yards. If you do go with a stamped-- go only with an arsenal.. Hundreds of horror stories of trunnions popping out, or barrel misaligned with receiver on other manufactured stamped Ak's

this is my 2nd ak as my first is a Russian made ak- Warsaw style--- and it is much nicer---( some say Russian arsenal ak-- best out there) they just released an under folder too..

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thinking about a polytech M14s to build up. I have one offered to me for $800. A lot more than the $400 it was originally paid for in the 90's but it's never been fired and you don't come across many of them anymore since Clinton's weapons embargo. A little gunsmithing, a $200 usgi bolt and flashhider and it should be GTG.

Attachments

Reactions: DAWGfan1980

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also something made or worked on by Salient...I really dig the look of some of the guns they work over... And while I'm not afraid to drop some coin on stuff as an official member of the more money than brains club (not by much), I can't see spending north of 3000 dollars for a warmed over Glock or Benelli or whatever. I'm not knocking anyone who would cuz I might one day... I don't think all the purdy on those guns will make me shoot any better (and I'm a decent shot) than if I put a lighter trigger in my own Glock. And why does a company who charges so much for everything not have a freaking WEBSITE!

905293_700732619971448_147714978_o.jpg cca17c82720df4f6cd679425109e4c2a.jpg images-1.jpeg images.jpeg

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Pistol: SIG MPX with side-folding brace (if it get's released like that, if not, might convert to an SBR). Actual hand gun, probably a SIG P226 of some flavor or a custom 1911 (full size Volkmann probably).

Rifle, SCAR 16s or 17s, whichever I find first for a good deal once I save up again, but will probably get a 308 caliber suppressor first...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts