FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one and plan on keeping it a long time but was curious how many rounds have been fired through yours and how its reliability has been.Thanks :grin:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I stopped counting at about 3000, that was about 9 months ago.

3500 to 4000 I guess. 100% reliable so far. The only wear I see is on the top of the barrel, just a little worn, no big deal.

:D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Uncle Screwtape said:
I stopped counting at about 3000, that was about 9 months ago.

3500 to 4000 I guess. 100% reliable so far. The only wear I see is on the top of the barrel, just a little worn, no big deal.

:D
Yea, all guns wear there on the barrel hood.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine has about 4000 thru it.....only problem was a couple FTE's while using Silver Bear ammo....of course that also happened with my Glock19 too....but....that was the only problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My FNP-9 has about 1100 rounds so far. Had about 3 or 4 FTF during the first 300 rounds, but has been working reliably ever since. I clean it up after every range visit. I noticed also that the mag springs are not as hard as when they were brand new.

I love this gun, it feels great in my hand, has a sweet trigger and it is accurate (even in the hands of a noob shooter such as myself :D ).

Now if only those blade-tech guys would hurry up with my new IWB holster.... ::FF::

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well. I only have about 150 through mine. I gues that is not too bad since I have only owned it for a week! No problems to report.

·
Registered
35 Posts
great numbers! will be expecting a lot more soon! somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000.. lol

Is 15,000 in the neighborhood? :D

Drew

BTW, I guess my acct is having problems w/ quoting like the other report :-?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dead serious. :cool:

After 10k I stopped "officially" counting. I average about 250-500rds per outing (if you stick to the latter end, thats only 30 outings and I've been out WAY more times than that :-? ). So I conservatively guestimate... Why 250-500rds/outing? - because I have very few guns and go out w/ friends w/ lots of guns who want to shoot for hours. I find myself opening more boxes of ammo than I originally intend to...gotta love those desert shoots...

Drew

·
Registered
11 Posts
hahaha I'm sure no one here has even come close to that figure.

question. have you had slide not cocking to rear after the last shot problems? how is the condition of the pistol overall?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ha ha...I just answered your poll... :D

Yes, I had the slide lock prob. I identified the mag springs as the problem (they were worn and weak). Called Bob at FN and they replaced the worn mags. Just to reiterate my post in your poll: FNP mag springs are NOT replaceable. FN does not sell them seperately nor does wolff. You have to buy new mags when the springs become worn.

I haven't really carried the FNP much so there isn't much wear on the out side of the gun. And even when I did carry it, it was in a kydex holster, so that reduced wear on the finish as well. Over all the pistol is in good shape. Noticable signs of wear: The opposite side of the take down lever (the side w/o the lever) seems to have streched the polymer and moved backward (toward the hammer). The barrel has some wear marks on top where the slide and barrel interact. The marks aren't deep or anything, more like the finish was removed in some spots. All of the springs in the gun are good. The recoil spring is WAY lighter than it used to be, but has had no effect on performance. Other than that, normal metal wear all around (including the little spot in the slide lock notch that every FNP gets), again no effect on performance. The gun has had 2 failures in all, both were FTE's (E being Eject) and both were in another shooter's hands and in the same series of shots.

I'll post some pics over the weekend to display my FNP's condition.

Drew

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
drdrewusaf said:
The barrel has some wear marks on top where the slide and barrel interact. The marks aren't deep or anything, more like the finish was removed in some spots.
EVERY semi auto gets wear there. My USPc and P99s have it there too. If the barrel is black in color , it is more noticable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha ha...I just answered your poll... :D

Yes, I had the slide lock prob. I identified the mag springs as the problem (they were worn and weak). Called Bob at FN and they replaced the worn mags. Just to reiterate my post in your poll: FNP mag springs are NOT replaceable. FN does not sell them seperately nor does wolff. You have to buy new mags when the springs become worn.

I haven't really carried the FNP much so there isn't much wear on the out side of the gun. And even when I did carry it, it was in a kydex holster, so that reduced wear on the finish as well. Over all the pistol is in good shape. Noticable signs of wear: The opposite side of the take down lever (the side w/o the lever) seems to have streched the polymer and moved backward (toward the hammer). The barrel has some wear marks on top where the slide and barrel interact. The marks aren't deep or anything, more like the finish was removed in some spots. All of the springs in the gun are good. The recoil spring is WAY lighter than it used to be, but has had no effect on performance. Other than that, normal metal wear all around (including the little spot in the slide lock notch that every FNP gets), again no effect on performance. The gun has had 2 failures in all, both were FTE's (E being Eject) and both were in another shooter's hands and in the same series of shots.

I'll post some pics over the weekend to display my FNP's condition.

Drew
Yup, I just saw. :) I'll be looking foward to those pictures.

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here ya go:

Link

There's a little magnifying glass in the top right corner when viewing the image at "full size" to zoom into "real" full size. :-?

Drew

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to reiterate my post in your poll: FNP mag springs are NOT replaceable. FN does not sell them seperately nor does wolff. You have to buy new mags when the springs become worn.
That is insane. There's got to be an "also fits" for these.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts