FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend has a

Browning Hi-Power * T SERIES * 9mm Belgium Ring Hammer, and it has no rust at all .

I wonder what was the Finsh

is it hot bluing or not ?

Why the others pistols have a little rust and this pistol has not .

was it the steel ?

I didn't find anything about the kind of steel made of .

Maybe It's 4150 .

SO

if anyone knows what the finsh and the steel of this gun . please let me know.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
It should be blued. I'd defer to TNorris. He's one of the resident Hi Power experts.
Thanks... there are a couple other guys who may chime in because they know more.

It is definitely blued, but by what process I can't say. It has been said the early T series (and post-war pistols) used an older process that took longer, costing more. There was another change in blueing with the C series, along with more automation in polishing... less hand polishing. As to metal composition... I can't say and don't think I've ever seen it in print.

I only have three blued High Powers; a 2004 in nearly new condition, a 1950 in good to very good condition and a 1943 in good condition but suffering from a poor finish due to the need for speed in wartime production.

Cheers,

Tim

An iPhone photo just doesn't do them justice and the color balance is quite different on the 1943. I believe the blueing technique/process is different on each of the three pistols here, and different yet on yours, and again on the C series.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Everyday carry Wood Trigger Gun barrel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts