FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Mil Comm TW25B and the rest of there gun cleaning products as well, however they can be a bit pricey. I use Outers and Hoppes solvents and Remington Rem oil on my shotguns and commie guns.

So what's you like?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I bought some Hoppes solvent last year. I have used it 3x now. Every once in a blue moon, I get a powder stain on my hard chromed P99 slide that just won't come off without solvent. But, it doesn't happen too often.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thats a rather personal question isn't it! What Cheek!

Seriously though, I like using Good ol' #9 or Remington 40-X, and Rem oil.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one who took this on a totally non-gun tangent. lol

Balistol is what I've been using to clean and lube everything from my MN M44 to my XD-9.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i wish i could get a sample of the stuff bf i buy....i use a mixture of stuff at the moment that cleans and lubs, i cant remember everything i put into it but it is a mixture of diesel fuel, mineral spirits, auto tranny fluid, and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Wow, when I read the topic title I was like WTF?!?

:-D

I use Break Free CLP, mostly based on a recommendation, but it seems to be working well in all my weapons.

:?

·
Banned
114 Posts
Break-Free in one form or another.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Tried the Militec 1 and quite like it.

Their grease is very good too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use a copper graphite antiseize lube. Same stuff Glocks ship from the factory wtih. The graphite is a great lube, the copper in it gets worn down into the metal surfaces and smoooooths everything out. I use it on all my guns, no issues here in Fl. wtih temps from 20f to high 90s. Temps from rapid firing don't bother it, and it is non-gummy in the low temps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gun Lube

Usually #9, but once on a range visit I needed to do a quick cleaning and had forgotten my lube and the guy next to me had some WD-40. I use a very light amount of that and was good to go for another 250 rds.
Keech

1 - 20 of 41 Posts