FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its high time I invested in a range finder. I was able to find some comparison article using Google fu but they were dated. I know there has to be some newer devices on the market that work well. I would rather not give my wallet another reason to kill me in my sleep so I was hoping to stay south of 500$. 800 yards would be a decent max range for the device for that price as long as its repeatable and useable.

What are you using and what's the max range you have been able to effectively use it to range soft targets? It's cool to know that the house at the end of the street is 800 yards away from you but that doesn't do much good for shooting purposes (deer). Please lend me some advice guys.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have the Vortex Ranger 1000. Capable of 1000 yards and about $350. I've never used it for hunting. Mostly for ranging targets and estimating long pipe runs. I've never shot it past 500 yards so I can't tell you how good it is past that. I do know Vortex stands behind their sh!t and if I have problems with it, they'll take care of them.
Vortex Optics - Ranger 1000
I'll try lazing some soft targets at distance and give you feedback when I wake up for real. This night shift crap sucks.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Make sure you read the reflective target max range, vs. non reflective target max range.

The Zeiss is more expensive, but there is a reason for that.

Reactions: KameronTKelly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts