FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have an FS2000 - so I don't know as much about it as I do the PS90 - but anyway - what kinda mods are you FS2000 owners coming up with?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Only thing so far. Green FS2000 with MI flip up front and rear sights, Eotech, digilight installed in the front foregrip and a URBAN E.R.T. single point sling. Plus all I use is HK AR mags. I'm also getting a SPR/M4 AAC 5.56 silencer for it. That's will take awhile but it's in the works.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Modified a M249 Sling to create a three point tac sling.

Cut down the barrel to 16" rethreaded for AR-15 flash hider installed phantom flash hider.

Replaced FS2000 barrel with modified F2000 military barrel Pinned Phantom flash hider to an OAL of 16.25" and installed tac rails on the sides.

Installed a light in the forend.

further modification of the forend to a triple rail system.

Finaly modified the Phantom Flash hider to accomidate the Gemtech HALO silencer.

Oh, yeah. also because the black on black color was a little boring I duracoated the body Colt grey and left all the attachments black to give it a little bit of the two toned look.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet!! I'm working on a lower rail on the foregrip right now. Been machining a whole new unit made out of delrin with an aluminum 4 inch rail.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I cut down the original barrel myself but it didn't turn out that well so when I purchased the F2000 barrel I hired the class three who got the barrel for me to cut it down to 14.75" rethread it to 1/2 X 28 and pin the FH in place. I have had PM conversations with dozens of people about cutting down the FS barrel It can be done by any riflesmith as long as they use something like a smooth fiber cutting wheel. The problem I ran into was I cut it down to 16" and the cut was rather ruff but I had no play room as the barrel was already at the minimum leingth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What's performance like with the G5? I assume it still cycles reliably? Do you get any gas/back blast in the face? Does supressor use cause a lot of gunk buildup in the FS2000?

I'm kicking around using my M4-96D with it - and would probably send the bbl or upper to Gemtech to mount a bilock.

thanks,

danbrew

·
Registered
45 Posts
danbrew said:
What's performance like with the G5? I assume it still cycles reliably? Do you get any gas/back blast in the face? Does supressor use cause a lot of gunk buildup in the FS2000?

I'm kicking around using my M4-96D with it - and would probably send the bbl or upper to Gemtech to mount a bilock.

thanks,

danbrew
I have a M4-1000 on mine and never had any problems with mine. Piston gets lots more carbon on it but it keeps on chugging.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It has a little gas blowback but not nearly as bad as my AR-15. It gets knoticably dirtier using the silencer but I still have been unable to make it jam. 1800 rounds torture test using the silencer without cleaning or oiling it. middle of the summer in Arizona bone dry and red hot by the time I ran out of ammo but not a single failure. :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
It has a little gas blowback but not nearly as bad as my AR-15. It gets knoticably dirtier using the silencer but I still have been unable to make it jam. 1800 rounds torture test using the silencer without cleaning or oiling it. middle of the summer in Arizona bone dry and red hot by the time I ran out of ammo but not a single failure. :?

i like the look of your rifle. very nice !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts