FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what kinds of ammo does our Special Forces run in their Scar H's?

I would guess Black Hills 168's would be among them, but that's just a guess...

Reactions: Hoax001

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Standard M80 Ball (147gr) would probably be the normal training ammo, possible use in the field. Mk 319 Mod 0 SOST (130gr) was designed to go with the SCAR, and should be in use for guys using it in the field. M118LR and Mk 316 (175gr) are probably in use with guys pushing the SCAR into the designated marksman or sniper roles. I'm sure orders of other rounds have and are being used, but those should be the most common ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
147gr, Lake City M80 ball. Geneva Conventions... Now I'm sure that Delta and ST6 get to use other types. The only people in the Air Force that get to carry anything other than ball are OSI (office of special investigations), I know that our CCTs, PJs, TACP, and SOWT carry ball. I know this because I'm an Ammo troop and issue them their ammo, frags, smokes, etc.

Edit: You said special forces, I'm not sure what they run specifically, but I'll ask the STS guys for you next time They come out to get more ammo.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
M80 ball.

Reactions: mityno1

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
147gr, lake city m80 ball. Geneva conventions... Now i'm sure that delta and st6 get to use other types. The only people in the air force that get to carry anything other than ball are osi (office of special investigations), i know that our ccts, pjs, tacp, and sowt carry ball. I know this because i'm an ammo troop and issue them their ammo, frags, smokes, etc.

Edit: You said special forces, i'm not sure what they run specifically, but i'll ask the sts guys for you next time they come out to get more ammo.

iyaayas

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Standard M80 Ball (147gr) would probably be the normal training ammo, possible use in the field. Mk 319 Mod 0 SOST (130gr) was designed to go with the SCAR, and should be in use for guys using it in the field. M118LR and Mk 316 (175gr) are probably in use with guys pushing the SCAR into the designated marksman or sniper roles. I'm sure orders of other rounds have and are being used, but those should be the most common ones.
Is the Mk 319 worth $1 a round? Are they accurate? I'm not having good accuracy out of my scar 17 with 118LR or 149.

·
Premium Member
9,028 Posts
FWIW, the BZO template and manual supplied with the SCAR Operators Tool Kit indicates two cartridges, the M80 and M118LR for the SCAR MK17.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.