FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Texas and i know a guy who's trying to sell me a FN 9mm for 1000$, maybe even more. I'm not sure on the exact model...i just know that it's an FN, its two toned, polymer, and i believe that it has night sight rails. Even so, are there any FN 9mm's worth a grand+? am i getting had?

·
Registered
25 Posts
OtisBluntsworth said:
I live in Texas and i know a guy who's trying to sell me a FN 9mm for 1000$, maybe even more. I'm not sure on the exact model...i just know that it's an FN, its two toned, polymer, and i believe that it has night sight rails. Even so, are there any FN 9mm's worth a grand+? am i getting had?
Way too high IMHO. Can get them off gunbroker for under $500 NIB. Even Bass Pro is advertising the FNP-45 with shooter pack, holster and extras, for $599.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hmmm...well...that's only $620 more than I paid for my FNP-45 USG. :roll:

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
OtisBluntsworth said:
You're getting had, unless it is the verified first one of the belt.
I paid $475 for my FNP-9 USG that had 400 rds through it with the shooters pack and a Crossbreed Supertuck-which retails at about $100 with the horsehide and various belt loops it came with. So I figure I paid about $375 for the gun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Some guy on sturm was selling them (in October) for $325 BRAND NEW. Not sure if they were DAO. I bought a used DAO at a gunshow, couple of years ago, in SS, for less than 4 bills with night sights. Horrible trigger. Actually, it was an FN 49.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
healthcommando said:
Some guy on sturm was selling them (in October) for $325 BRAND NEW. Not sure if they were DAO. I bought a used DAO at a gunshow, couple of years ago, in SS, for less than 4 bills with night sights. Horrible trigger. Actually, it was an FN 49.
They don't make those any more. Never took off, but they look very similar to the current FNP's. If I remember correctly, they are striker fired and only come in DAO-someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The trigger was probably the reason they never took off.

·
Banned
93 Posts
OtisBluntsworth said:
In short, yes your being had.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You are sure it's a poly gun? The most expensive on gunbroker right now is $549 right now, but if this guy has a browning/FN in 9mm then depending on what it is I see some of those selling for close to $2000. So if it were one of those it may not be a bad deal but if in fact it is an FNP it had better come with the winning numbers to the next powerball!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
As this was his 1st post and he hasn't come back - I wonder if he was on the level. That seems pretty ludicrous at that price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts