FN Herstal Firearms banner

Which of these 2 would you get (using my reasoning why I like both)?

• Inox Beretta 92FS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nickel Beretta Cheetah 85

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decided if I should uy an Inox Beretta 92FS or a Nickel plated Beretta Cheetah 85.

I know the Cheetah is just a 380 - but this isn't a carry gun. I've just always liked the Cheetahs, and over the years, I've always wanted one.

There is a lot of mixed info out there as to what guns have been discontinued. Last year, Beretta announced that the Inox 92s and several other models were discontinued. I've seen a lot of them on store shelves lately, however. But, I'm still being told that they are discontinued and that this is simply old stock. Supposedly, they may make them again in limited numbers. But, I kinda want to get a new one while I still can.

However, word is that the nickel Cheetahs may not be around for long either.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Inox 92, but won't know for sure until I hit my next gun show and hold both to decide finally.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ShipWreck said:
...but won't know for sure until I hit my next gun show and hold both to decide finally.
That is always the key for me. Shooting is such a tactile sport that it all comes down to how it feels in your hands, being able to examine the fit and finish, and experience the smoothness of the action.

I didn't vote because I have no personal experience with either gun, but wish you the best in your decision.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I would shy away from nickel, but that's just me. I'm always concerned about getting copper solvent on a nickel finish and causing it to peel.

TA

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, that is a potential issue, but I use CLP 99.99% of the time. I haven't even owned solvent until very recently - Sometimes my P99 will get some poweder burns on the slide that won't come off with CLP - and I have to use a tiny bit of solvent on the hard chrome.

But, I'm not too worried about this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I didn't see the option for both. :)

I voted for the cheetah simply because I would think there are a lot more of the 92 out there should you want one at a later time. I don't think they make near as many of the cheetah's.

As for shooting, I never have shot a cheetah but have thought about getting one myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I own several variations of both, they are both decent weapons and have some what the same handling characteristics when fired. You knew this next statement was coming, while not a GLOCK they are decent firearms and I think both would be a good choice, but there are more 92's in circulation. I think I would buy them both, but the 92 at a later date.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I probably will end up with both eventually. Just a matter of which 1st.
I'd go cheetah first as there are so very many 92's in there various forms and functions available. I agree with others here, I personally am not a big fan of nickel. If ever needed in a combat situation the glare off the nickel could get you killed.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My vote went for the Cheetah I am not a big fan of .380 or 9mm they just dont do it for me:) But the wood and nickel look sharp IMO...I had a 92fs its a good gun also either way its a good gun ....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts