Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock 23

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay looking at getting a new gun. I have done some research and I really like the Glock 23, But after owning the FNP 40 I really want the USG model. Both are the same price at my local gun shop and both are readily available for me to get. Give me your opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I voted G23 because you can swap the barrel out and shoot .357SIG or swap out with a Bar-Sto Barrel and shoot 9mm.
You can't shoot 9mm out of the FN, Bar-Sto doesn't make a barrel yet.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
40 USG

I can't stand Glocks trigger. I'm not a Glock guy.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can't tell you what you'd like better, but I know given the two choices you've presented, I'd go with the FNP. I'm no Glock guy, either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tqtran said:
I voted G23 because you can swap the barrel out and shoot .357SIG or swap out with a Bar-Sto Barrel and shoot 9mm.
You can't shoot 9mm out of the FN, Bar-Sto doesn't make a barrel yet.
I'm not looking at shooting a 9mm or .357 but it's good to know it is able to convert.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Get the FNP40, why have what practically EVERYONE else has. You can also switch out the barrels in the FNP40 for the 357Sig, but FN hasn't let us just buy the 357 barrel so we can swap it out :( .

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know this a FN site and a lot of people love the FNP here, but I say a Glock 23 is the way to go if you're looking for magazines, spare parts, holsters, and accessories. yes you can find some of this stuff for an FNP, but you're going to have look harder and you may not find as much variety.

I love my glock 23 :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
There are pros and cons to both pistols. We are all FN pistol owners, so our loyalty runs in that direction. However, the Glock is okay as far as it goes. I owned a Glock 22 when they first came out, and it was very accurate, but I sold it to buy something else.

At the same time, I would say to go to your local gun shop and see what they have available in the $500-$600 range -- there are a lot of good pistols and revolvers in that price range. I looked at buying a Glock 22 again, but it simply didn't fit my hand the way the FNP-40 did.

There is a lot of variety out there, and one fun aspect of owning more than one pistol is having something different than you already have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts