FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boresnake makes a 9mm handgun model. But no 9mm rifle model.

I use a 22 cal one for my PS90. I will get a 9mm CX4 soon.

What model boresnake would I use to fit? What is close in size from the models they make?

- 17 Cal Rifle $13.95
- 204 Cal Rifle $13.95
- .243 and 6mm Rifle $13.95
- 257-.264, 6.5mm Rifle $13.95
- 270/7mm Rifle $13.95
- 30 Cal Rifle $13.95
- 8mm, .32 Cal Rifle $13.95
- .338, 340 Cal Rifle $13.95
- 35/357, .358-.375 Cal Rifle $13.95
- 410/45, .458 Cal Rifle $13.95
- .50-.54 Cal Rifle $13.95

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use an 8mm for my Uzi's and it works fine after a few runs.

Or you could go with the Otis kits, they have them for everything.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My storm came with a cleaning kit - so I just use the cleaning rod and patches

Not to change the subject - but it amazes me the storm comes with 2 mags, a cleaning kit, and a custom case for 1/2 the cost of the ps90 which comes in a cardboard box. :(

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
How easy is the Storm to field strip and clean?
Say compared to a PS90 or an AR-15?

I'm thinking of picking up a Storm in 9mm because I got rid of my Kel-tec Sub 2000( 9mm Glock ) because it got dirty quick and became a pain to clean.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fatcat said:
I use an 8mm for my Uzi's and it works fine after a few runs.

Or you could go with the Otis kits, they have them for everything.
Thanks...

I think I'll stick with the boresnake. At least until I buy one of those expensive padded cleaning rods. I tried a cleaning rod on my PS90 a couple of times.... The joins on the rod seem to bang the edge of the chamber as I push it thru. Those 1 piece, hi quality cleaning rods are pretty expensive, though....

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Cx4 is very easy to take apart and clean.

I have use the supplied cleaning rod many times and never had a problem at the joints

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The handgun one isn't as long as I would like. I have heard of occasional boresnakes breaking and getting stuck in the barrel.

This is more likely to occur in a very long barreled rifle. But, my PS90 barrel, and the CX4 barrel is short enough that this wouldn't be an issue if it did break (if you use the rifleboresnake instead of the pistol one)...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont go to much larger, I broke one off that was not much larger in my PSL and it was quite fun to get out...

But then again it was old and the bore cleaner eats those things up.

I always recomend the Otis kits, I keep one in the butt of my FS2k and it will do just about any rifle/pistol/shotgun out there and ive never broken one.

I just got the whole Otis kit in that cleans every cal known to man :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Wonder if the 357 would end up pushing it then....
I'm sure that would be fine.

I did get a surprise while looking up bullet diameters. 357 sig is .355, or a 9mm on a 40 cal case instead of .357

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, thanks. I have used a 9mm brush when cleaning my Keltec 32 pistol, and when cleaning the 357 my father used to have.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just cleaned my Cx4 yesterday with the supplied Beretta cleaning rod. Very simple, you really don't need a bore snake. The rod does not get hung up at all.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, now that I have one - I tried it and it worked fine.

The rod is still too long to fit in with my cleaning stuff, though. I may sill get a boresnake and use it every other time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts