FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
You can try to sell it, or just keep it as spare parts. Spare parts are always good to have around.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Keep it for parts. You will find most of us keep the parts we upgrade. You can never have too many spare firearms parts, besides they don't take up much space.

Or....you can leave it under your pillow in hopes the FN SCAR OEM Trigger Fairy will leave you some ammo in trade.

Of course I'm not too partial to the word fairy so just save the damn thing!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I kept mine as a spare

·
Registered
315 Posts
As basically stated above, throw the parts in a ziploc back and put them back in the factory box. Who knows if FN would say FU to warranty work for putting an after-market trigger in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wondering what happens to the stock triggers after an upgrade. Do you just keep them?
My stock SCAR trigger was not really bad. It took me 2 years of use before I swapped it out for the Geiselle Super Scar Trigger which is better not I did not feel was a much modification. Anyway I saved my stock trigger just in case I need it later in life.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gun Shops and other buyers don’t like to pay for upgrades you make. Keep anything you upgrade or remove just in case you sell it so you can return the SCAR to original. One day you’ll regret selling it and buy another...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wondering what happens to the stock triggers after an upgrade. Do you just keep them?
It's one of the very few sets of spare parts that's actually easy to acquire. Vacuum seal them with a seal-a-meal sleeve and save them in the incredibly rare event of a parts failure.

Your great, great grandchildren will appreciate your forethought one day, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts