FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first handgun was a Glock 17 I bought in 1993. It was a super jammomatic. It couldn't get thru a mag w/o a problem.

But, that is not typical of Glocks, and it didn't stop me from owning others later.

Obviously, I don't have that gun anymore - but it was the first gun I saved up for to buy.

What was everyone else's first?

·
Registered
125 Posts
First rifle I bought with my own money was Model 1895 Mauser Short Rifle, no FFL required, in 7mm. Sweet rifle, lost it in hock. First handgun with my own money was a Luger. Never could get it to fire more than 3 rounds in a row without jamming, in hindsight it was a magazine issue. Traded it straight across for an 03A3 that I still have 15 years later. Ah, the memories...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine was a used Pistole 75 (SIG P220) 9mm.

It was a former military pistol, what means, that it was dirt cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was lucky enough to be raised with a father who supported my gun addiction at a very early age. By the time I was 12 I had a decent gun collection. Here are a few of my firsts

My first gun: It was a bolt action single shot 22 lr, I am not sure which brand, I want to say Marlin

My first pistol: S&W 422

My first revolver: Dan Wesson 22 lr

My first shotgun: H&R break action .410

·
Registered
171 Posts
My first rifle was a Colt AR-15 SP1.

My first .22 rifle was a Ruger 10/22.

My first pistol was a Colt 1911 Gov't Model.

My first .22 pistol was a High Standard basic target model.

My first shotgun was a Browning Auto 5 20 ga Magnum.

My father was a WWII veteran in the US Army 11th Airborne and he started to train me when I was just 5 y/o.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My father gave me my first gun when I was ten years old. It was a
pre 64 Model 70 .270 Winchester. Killed my first deer that year. Fourty-three years later I still have it and it will still drive tacks. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
My vary first rifle was a pre 64 Winchester 30 30 and a Colt 4" Python wheel gun for close encounters. Both vary effective tools for snakes and trespassers when my daddy got me started shoot'in for sport and wild game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colt Frontier 22lr S/A revolver. Shot the barrel out and then the frame broke right above the grip. Gave it an honorable incineration in a plasma cutter class several years ago(like an idiot). :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
1st's

My first firearm purchase was an Olympic Arms AR-15, 2 days after I turned 18. :p

I was sooooo fricking excited,... In hindsight I am suprised I didn't shoot my foot off. (stupid kids)

And that started the addiction in which I have purchased, sold and traded my entire collection over the years, but now I am getting closer to exactly what I want.

Bye Bye. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not counting BB\pellet guns mine was a Glock 21 purchased in 92 or 93 when I lived in Sacramento, Kalifornia. Sold it and the other pistols I'd purchased to help fund my move the hell out of there.

That model was the 2nd pistol I purchased when I got back into firearms a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts