FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forums and even the FNH website were all abuzz about it a couple years ago. Is it still in the works? Abandoned? Mystery?

Az

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It's been quite awhile since I've heard anything about it. The last compact I heard about was the FNS 9/40. Not sure if anything will come of it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That would be a good addition to the line up, it would compete with the usp 45 compact. Always nice to have different options especially for the ones who like carrying a 45 acp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was in Columbia SC last week and ran into a guy with an FN shirt. I told him they were great guns and I had one myself. We got to talking and it turns out he is on the compact design team. I couldn't get much out of him except for the fact that the are in the works and gearing up to have enough available when the are released at a major upcoming show. They don't want to bring the to market without enough available for what they expect to be substantial demand. There be a 9, 40 and 45. That's all I got from him.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I was in Columbia SC last week and ran into a guy with an FN shirt. I told him they were great guns and I had one myself. We got to talking and it turns out he is on the compact design team. I couldn't get much out of him except for the fact that the are in the works and gearing up to have enough available when the are released at a major upcoming show. They don't want to bring the to market without enough available for what they expect to be substantial demand. There be a 9, 40 and 45. That's all I got from him.
Me want 45 compact!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
He mentioned that, and kind of played it down. He stated that they are very aware of the demand and that's why they didn't want to bring it (the compacts) to market without a lot of inventory ready to ship. Also, he said that the government contract business is going gang busters and that the retail lines are pretty small comparably. He stressed that consumer retail was not an afterthought, they are just extraordinarily busy with the large contracts. He was also amazed at how big the overall market actual is and how little share they have. But with their product line that's a good problem to have.

·
Premium Member
13,667 Posts
Just my opinion but I fell like there is far more demand out there for an FNX 45 compact than for another AR-15 model like the FN-15. It's too bad FN went with the FN-15 as the sole addition to their product list.
:th_ditto: MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone seen this yet?

FNH FNX-45 Compact Compact Pistol - Gun Data and Specifications

"The FNH FNX-45 Compact has a total length of 7.25 inches, which is 0.50 inches shorter than the average for all pistols. The gun has a total unloaded weight of 1.88 pounds."

"Capacity: 15, 12 or 10 rounds"

The length and weight measurements are both lesser than the FNX-45 (Overall Length: 7.4″, Weight (empty): 33.2 oz. or 2.075 lbs,) and if it can use the same magazines as the FNX-45, but comes with 12 round mags (like how the Glock 26 has 11 round mags but can use the 15 and 17 round mags from the Glock 19 and 17, respectively,) that would explain why 15 and 10 round capacities are also listed. Obviously the picture is of an FNX9/40, likely used as a place holder and/or indicating the FNX-45C would be the same frame size.

What do you guys make of it?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Has anyone seen this yet?

FNH FNX-45 Compact Compact Pistol - Gun Data and Specifications

"The FNH FNX-45 Compact has a total length of 7.25 inches, which is 0.50 inches shorter than the average for all pistols. The gun has a total unloaded weight of 1.88 pounds."

"Capacity: 15, 12 or 10 rounds"
I'm curious when they put that up. That sounds about right for what I heard about 4 or 5 years ago on it, but at that time it was going to be a single stack.

·
Registered
932 Posts
When I first saw the above post, I was excited to see it but it appears to be a FNX 40/9 model and not what I think the 45c will look like. The 45c, I will assume, would be identical to the full size 45.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am hoping that at some point they will release something that is Massachusetts compliant so I can carry something FN rather than my current shield. I am not even picky on caliber. Something in the compact or subcompact market with FN quality would be great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts