FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you 5-7 fans tell me what the fair market price for the 5-7 ammo is. I have seen the box of 50 being sold for up to $49. I saw it on the web on sale for $19. Therefore, there seems to be a lot of speculation with this cartridge.

Also, just wanted to share this with you guys. I went to a local gun store looking for the 5-7 pistol and they told me they wont sell it due to the lethality of the cartridge. They said it will pierce armor. They put the scared face on me and told me not to get near one. They also said prices will go up and the ammo will be scarce. What do you think about all this?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Can any of you 5-7 fans tell me what the fair market price for the 5-7 ammo is. I have seen the box of 50 being sold for up to $49. I saw it on the web on sale for $19. Therefore, there seems to be a lot of speculation with this cartridge.

Also, just wanted to share this with you guys. I went to a local gun store looking for the 5-7 pistol and they told me they wont sell it due to the lethality of the cartridge. They said it will pierce armor. They put the scared face on me and told me not to get near one. They also said prices will go up and the ammo will be scarce. What do you think about all this?
There are a few different rounds, some are limited in their sales. SS195 and SS197 can be had almost anywhere for $18-$22 per 50 rounds. Others are all over the place, some can't be sold by dealers anymore. Check the ammo forum for more info.

Gun shop owners/workers shouldn't be considered the best source for gun info. :D Gun enthusiasts will be your best bet. Get a Five-seveN, and enjoy the hell out of it like we all do. It's an awesome gun, and even though the folks at the gun counter might not agree, it's not going to develop an alter-ego and go off killing people at random. :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just received a full case (2,000rds) of SS197 from Bud's for just under $700 shipped, that works out to a little more than $17/box.
Tomac

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just received a full case (2,000rds) of SS197 from Bud's for just under $700 shipped, that works out to a little more than $17/box.
Tomac
Is there a secret handshake to get that deal? Their websites lists it at $20/box and I don't see anything about a quantity discount (which I thought I had seen on there before...)?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Bud's is a sponsor here - contact Turbozag - the Bud's contact to the site.

You can reach him thru his subforum here on the site. Just send him a PM.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I don't respond very often (I don't own a 5.7 YET) but I must comment on the statement made regarding the "lethality" of the cartridge. To me that is one of the dumbest statements that can be made, especially by a vendor. I thought that was the MAIN purpose of guns! I know there are contests, target shooting, etc., but all guns are lethal. I just can't believe some of the statements people make. Rant over! ::FF::

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have never taken for gospel what any gun store owner or employee might say about any firearm. Research & talking to gun owners either in person or on forums like this one are the key to good info. IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts