FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if i read far enough i can probably find a post just like this one....

But what all do people do to there FS2000s once they get them....
please lemme know and explain what part does...im kinda a gun newbie

·
Registered
980 Posts
what part does... what?
There is a neat part called the switch, it looks like a vertebrae and lifts spent rounds into the ejection chute.
Most people who buy the FS2000 collect guns, and have the FS just for fun and bragging rights. I'd say that most people who buy it actually shoot it, but not that often, though there are some guys who really like it, and there are people who compete in 3-gun with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine b/c it was too cool to pass up. I had wanted to build a SBR but this thing was as short or shorter without BATFE paperwork. When I was in the Marine Corps, I always thought the FN M16's were nicer than the Colts. I mounted an Eotech on it and so far just shoot it for fun, maybe competition later.

I suppose that about sums up my reasons.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought mine because I am a 100% bullpup guy and will never buy a non bullpup design! The only bullpup I don't or haven't owned is a FAMAS and thats only because the last one I saw go across gunbroker was $14k :shock: but I did get to carry one for 10 yrs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i bought mine because i'm a left handed shooter

at basic it really grinds my gears getting hot brass shot in front of me and the guy next to me shooting hot brass on me (thank you M16A2 :? ) so of course my first rifle had to be the FS2000

in the future i have to get an eotech 557 with 4x magnifier(like every third person on this site lol) i'm okay using iron sites but my opinion is if its my rifle i might as well splurge

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Now what to do with it ....

The FS2000 is my first rifle. Between the too-cool-to-pass-up-looks and the functionality of having a 17 inch barrel is such a short rifle, my left brain and right brain collided, and the next thing I knew, I owned one.

I am still hemming and hawing over either an optic 1-3 or so scope or go the EOTech with magnifier route.

I hope the tri-rail makes another appearance on the market. Plan to place a flashlight on it so I have an excuse for taking it with me when I walk my dogs at night and a laser to play at from the hip shooting. I have been happily plinking indoors using the iron sites. After about 300 rds using the iron sites, I am sure I will appreciate whatever scope I get!

·
Registered
150 Posts
if it helps out the choice of a military grade aka Eotech Aimpoint with magnifier or an ACOG will all run 1,000 so its really if you perfer a holo, red dot, or a traditonal sight with some ACOG varients having a red dot on top

·
Registered
32 Posts
Usual Mods

I think most folks who have done mods do these:

1. remove firing pin retaining spring to properly fire mil surp ammo
2. G2 ligth install in handguard
3. Add an optic, like Eotech or my favorite, the ACOG Reflex II
4. Add a sling
5. Drilled out FN flash hider and added a Gemtech flash hider so I could use my GemTech silencer on the thing.

dahugo

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Re: Mods

Go 4 Broke said:
dahugo,

you mentioned the G2 light system in the handguard. Where can I get one?
You have to get a spare handgaurd from FNH and cut out the section where the light goes.
If you can use a dremel, its not that hard.

FNH : 703-288-1292
FS2000 handguard part # is BFS2000056

1 - 10 of 10 Posts