FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a chance to take my new FNS-9 to the range. I must say it is more that accurate for a shooter of my talent. I can pretty much put that slug where I want it, very impressed with the accuracy of this gun.

But; and you know there always is a but; the grip on that gun is rough enough to turn your hand into hamburger. I've shot Glocks, Sigs, S&W and have never had an issue with the feel of the grip to my hand. The pointed "checkering " that they mold into the grip is very rough. Has anyone else noticed this or am I odd man out?

I really like this gun but if I can't shoot it comfortably then I'm afraid I'd have to trade or sell it out of my collection.

Anyone have any idea or input?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buy a Talon Grip in the soft rubber and you will not lose grip and never think about it again. I have them on all my guns now and if you apply them correctly and hit em with a hair dryer, they wont move. The fit and finish compliments the FN well!

·
Registered
272 Posts
i appreciated it when i was taking a class over the summer. with my hands sweating like crazy it was nice. even if it is a bit rough on the hand.

same thing with wearing gloves. and you can always tone it down with a little Emory paper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jimbo, I felt the same as you with the checkering being a little too much. I ended up removing those nubs and stippling the sides.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Talons are good.
Or a length of bicycle inner tube.
Or hit the back strap lightly with some fine sandpaper to knock down the pointy parts.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found the same problem the first time I shot it. I just gripped the gun tighter and had no problems. Suggestions about Talon and Hogue are good as I have used both on guns. Also Pachmayr (sp) makes good alternatives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find the rough texture helpful. I work most of the year in a hot environment. Even with sweaty hands, the pistol is not slippery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Talon grips (rubber ones) are great. I have them on all of my polymer pistols. Highly recommend you give them a try.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would start by not moisturizing you hands so often. Kidding. A rough grip takes some getting used to but like others have said, it helps a great deal when its raining or your hands are sweaty. Its the first gun I've shot a competition with that I did not add grip tape before hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts