FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's fav AR brand here?

I woul do a poll, but I'm sure I'll miss some choices. So, Just tell us :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have two RRAs. They've been great for me--zero complaints. Their customer service is good as well.

Really, I think you can't go wrong with any of the well known companies (Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, etc). The only company out there that I see constantly get bad press is Hesse Arms (Vulcan).

Arguing which is better is very much Ford VS Chevy, with the occassional Dodge argument. :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
My favorite AR brand is definately Colt, I've been a very long time Colt user since my first '71 SP1 and had 6 of them in carbines, rifle and HBAR models without any problems.

Most professional carbine/ rifle instructors states that Colt is the most problem free brand they have seen year after year, thousands of rifles that goes through their classes, Stag Arms is the second closest brand that are reliable.

The worst brand in reliability per the instructors are the non factory builds, most owners rates the Hesse/ Vulcan brand the worst.

My second favorite is my Lewis Machine & Tool - LMT and my third favorite is my RRA.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rock River Arms! Best bang for your buck, customer service is great. My only complaint is I ordered one the first week in March and am still waiting on it :cry:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tacticalguy said:
Rock River Arms! Best bang for your buck, customer service is great. My only complaint is I ordered one the first week in March and am still waiting on it :cry:
When I almost bought an AR recently, it was gonna be from them. But yea, I hear they are running a bit behind due to military orders, if you order something specific unless U buy from existing inventory at a dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have had 2 Colts, a Bushmaster, and a PWA. I have no complaints about any of them. I guess I would have to say PWA because it is not made anymore, and IIRC Rock River bought their equipment.

http://www.2aforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38447&page=0&fpart=1

On another forum, we are building a match rifle for a young female shooter that will be going to Camp Perry to compete. We are using a Stag lower and... well here is the thread...

http://www.2aforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=39364&page=1&nt=all&fpart=1

I think if I were to buy a new one, I would get RR, Stag, DPMS, or another Bushmaster. It would just depend on the best deal I was able to find.

TA

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine. I have various I have built on RRA, Stag, Superior, and Essential Arms lowers. The lowers have all worked as they are supposed to.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Probably Rockriver right now... it's hard to pick a favorite. I would like to put a POF upper on a RR lower. Then that would probably be my go to rifle.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts