Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard Rifle Scope (magnified)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Ship!

I had to say ACOG since that is what I got :) Mine is a 2x20 special mount Compact ACOG with the red crosshair.

My answer might have been Eotech if I had the new tri-rail PS90. I went with the ACOG because msw's mount puts the sight low on the "regular" PS90.

I have an Eotech 552 and I like it a lot. The ACOG appears to be a great sight. I haven't had the chance to shoot with the ACOG on yet. Time for some Tannerite sniping!

BTW, the stock sight blows chunks, but we all know that :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had to vote Reflex sight since the Trijicon TriPower wasn't specifically listed. I used to have Eotechs on my PS90's (great setup, love the reticle) but w/the poor BUIS on the PS90 I wanted something that wasn't 100% useless should the batteries/circuitry/switches fail and the TriPower fits the bill nicely.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Factory Black Reticle Reflex Sight because its a great sight and keeps the original PS90/P90 design lines.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tqtran said:
Factory Black Reticle Reflex Sight because its a great sight and keeps the original PS90/P90 design lines.
I probably would have gotten it had it been $200. Any higher approaches EOtech prices, and I can't justify it...

Nice sight, though...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I considered the black reticle Ring Sight until I heard it had the same shape reticle as the standard Ring Sight. I found the circle dot reticle obscured the target most of the time when shooting 1/2 pound Tannerite bottles and 8" paper targets at 50 yards. I constantly had to raise the sight to acquire the target and then come down and try to aim at it.

Add to that it costing $600 :shock: , people saying they are seeing specks inside the lens, that the sight can only be used on one rifle, and that it should have been the standard sight to begin with, I just couldn't bring myself to get one.

The Compact ACOG didn't seem like that much more for what I would think is a much better sight.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SunsetSam said:
Add to that it costing $600 :shock: , people saying they are seeing specks inside the lens, that the sight can only be used on one rifle, and that it should have been the standard sight to begin with, I just couldn't bring myself to get one.
U are right. Having the ability to use the Eotech on another weapon (should I ever buy another rifle) is another benefit. And, the 1 MOA dot on the Eotech is preferable to the stock sight replacement, even if it is in black.

Like I said, less than $200, and I would have thought about it...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hehe. Does that mean I can get $600 for my standard sight? It is basically the same as the black reticle sight. I think I saw someone sell the standard Ring Sight for $10 on another forum. What is the most anyone has seen the standard sight go for?

Why FN uses the standard Ring Sight is a mystery to me. Under what circumstances was this sight thought useable for the last 17 years?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tug said:
TH How will you atach this one? Tug
I would imagine it fits on the optic rail U would have to buy, just like the eotech.

What's the MOA on the dot for that sight? It doesn't say in the ad.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
SunsetSam said:
Hehe. Does that mean I can get $600 for my standard sight? It is basically the same as the black reticle sight. I think I saw someone sell the standard Ring Sight for $10 on another forum. What is the most anyone has seen the standard sight go for?

Why FN uses the standard Ring Sight is a mystery to me. Under what circumstances was this sight thought useable for the last 17 years?
Just reading your signature - but you would have been had you posted this on the other forum :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dang Ship, you got banned already? You were only on the other forum for a week or two.

Maybe I should put ", yet" at the end of my sig :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thermallator, thanks for the link for the micro sight. Do you have one? I was wondering if it is bright enough. I have a tripower and an eotech and the tripower gets washed out in some situations.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
Thermallator, thanks for the link for the micro sight. Do you have one? I was wondering if it is bright enough. I have a tripower and an eotech and the tripower gets washed out in some situations.
No - so far I'm doing reaserch. The best I found is this:

Marines are using it atop their ACOG's - so it's tough and reliable. But the Price $$$$$.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/docter-red-dot-sight-third-gen-35-moa.html

I want to keep ProjectX light and nimble and most importanly - dot a s close to the bore a spossible given my cheek weld.

The La Rue gismo is the coolest - given the hood. I really like the hood on that item. but: $400 big ones.

I have also found this :

$229 at Cabellas. Not bad - a tad bigger than the DR. Optic - but just as sturdy.

Decision, decisions.

-TH

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SunsetSam said:
Dang Ship, you got banned already? You were only on the other forum for a week or two.

Maybe I should put ", yet" at the end of my sig :D
Well, it was about a month, but yea. Don't even get me started on that place....

As for these other sites - if I ever get another rifle down the line, I may try a reflex sight. Had I not bought the Eotech, I may have bought the ATN Reflex Sight. They make 2 - one is a Digital sight for more money, and then their regular reflex sight. I had read some negative things about the higher digital one. But, the reviews I read about their regular reflex was good.

At many of the larger gun shows, there are several tables w/ guys selling all these scopes. It allows ya to take a look at it ahead of time, if ya get a chance to make one of these shows. I'm always a bit nervous to buy the "no name" reflex sights, however. Cheaper than Dirt has several of those...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Other new sights I think would work great with the PS90:

Aimpoint Mini or Micro - Shown at the 2007 SHOT show. Rumored to be $600 plus. I hope not. It isn't on the Aimpoint site yet. Here is an AR-15.com thread on it:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=310955

Burris Fastfire - Dokter clone with an on/off switch. Glass lens, I think. About $200 at Cabelas. Burris link:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

Trijicon RedDot - JPoint clone. Plastic lens, blechh! $325 on the Trijicon site:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=13

Leupold Prismatic - Non-electronic alternative to the Eotech or Aimpoint. Looks pretty cool:

http://www.swfa.com/p-8578-new-leupold-1x14-tactical-prismatic-30mm-riflescope.aspx

1 - 20 of 41 Posts