FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's fav pistol?

For me, it's the Walther P99 in 9mm with the A/S trigger - I shoot it as well or better than a 191. In fact, I've quit spending mucho bucks on pistols now, because I can't shoot them any better than a Walther anyway.

I used to want a Nighthawk 1911 very badly. Before I bought the PS90 and all the stuff to go with it, I could have bought a Nighthawk. I thought about it for a while.... But what's the point in spending $2300+ on a pistol when I still won't shoot any better than that Walther :p

I already had a $1200 Springfield TRP 1911 in the past, and it was annoying that I could shoot better with my SW99 (a S&W P99 clone) which only costed me $439. After that point, I finally tracked down a fullsize P99 which I shoot even a little better than the SW99...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Definitely my little Springfield P9 World Cup.

I shoot better with this one, than with any other pistol I ever used.

Sure, it's a $4800 pistol, but I never said I paid that much, or would do so anytime. Just love it, and love that I was able to get it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My Belgian made Browning Medalist. The most beautiful .22 you've ever seen. It has this neat dryfire mode the doubles as a secret hammer lock. To get into/out of dryfire mode you must manipulate the saftey latch in a very particular way, then once you are in dry-fire mode the safety latch acts as a convenient cocking lever. This way you can easily practice pulling the trigger. It's the most accurate pistol I own.

·
Registered
636 Posts
S&W 357 AIRWEIGHT SC PD HAMMERLESS it is only 4oz fits in any pocket and will never jam the fobis paddle rocka also i carry in my jeans and can dry fire it with out any hang ups :!:

·
Registered
241 Posts
My fav is the FN 5.7. Tis the only one I own besides pistols that resemble stockless rifles. Compared to the Sig P226 Sport that I tried to CC in my day planner, it is light as a feather.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: fav

tug said:
PARA WORTHOG in45 acp. Ship, whats btt? Tug :D :oops:
"BTT" = "Back to top" or just a general "bump" - basically bouncing this thread back up so new members can see it.

U will see "BTT" quite a lot in forsale ads on the various gun forums. People bumping their ad back to the top of the new messages for that day.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I have to decide which pistol grip fits my hand the best, it would be my Sig P226 9mm.

But my overall favorite is my HK USP F .40, the fit on my hand is not as good as my Sig but it combines good power and an acceptable fit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ShipWreck said:
What's everyone's fav pistol?
One that's loaded. :lol:

Actually I'm split on the subject. 1911 Colt Gov. .45acp for combat. And like you I shoot best with my Walther P99 9mm, so that's what I carry concealed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put together a Gov't model clone on a Caspian frame with a Colt slide and barrel. It is chambered for the best 9mm cartridge ever made, the 9x23mm Winchester.

Since ammunition is so hard to come by these days, I admit it gets shot more often with a 9x19mm barrel.

It is a perfect combination, with one barrel, I have the power of a .357 magnum revolver when loaded for soft targets. Switch the barrel and recoil spring, and it shoots very economically a cartridge which can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

Now I need more magazines. :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have two that I really like. My P226 Equinox, and my CZ75 SP01 Custom. If I was ever forced to give one up, I really don't know which one I would choose.

TA

·
Registered
79 Posts
If i have to pick ONLY one, it will be FiveSeven.

-light
-about 20rounds (depends on 10 or 30 with ext and where u live)
-nice trigger (i acutally like it better than Sig SA trigger)
-low recoil
-etc etc

If i have to pick TOP3, it would be

1. FN FiveSeven
2. USP Tactical
3. P226 tactical w/ reduce # 19lbs hammer spring. (sadly, sold it)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts