FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad news...I no longer own a Tuna.....Good news....I now have an FNS-40, with factory night sights and 3 mags. Been bouncing it around for a while, the FN2000 didn't really fit my needs and my LGS has been wanting it on his wall. So, traded it and a Kahr CW45 for my NEW FNS-40..and a Stag Arms AR with Weaver optics and Diamondback front rail system. Oh...he threw in some cash and ammo too!!!

Range visit first thing in the morning, temperature be damned!!!

Reactions: LESTER and djv38

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats on the new FNS 40.
Unfortunately, in the American market you either like bullpups or you don’t. I think the new IWI Travor is helping bridge that gap. I think you made a wise decision.
The best bang for the buck in .223/5.56mm arena is still the ar15… or the SCAR line great weapons systems!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats on the new FNS 40.
Unfortunately, in the American market you either like bullpups or you don’t.I think the new IWI Travor is helping bridge that gap.I think you made a wise decision.
The best bang for the buck in .223/5.56mm arena is still the ar15… or the SCAR line great weapons systems!
As much as I'd love a FS-2000, I'm just wary of it. Too much polymer in the internals for me. The Tavor is the hot new thing, but that's my problem with it; it's the New Thing. While I don't doubt that the Israelis make some fantastic firearms, the Tavor is just too green to get my vote...I was an early adopter on the FNS platform, but the cost between the FNS (which despite FN's take on the design was still a tried and true platform of 20+ years) and the Tavor is too large of a gap for "This looks cool...hope it works/keeps working."

For my money in the bullpup market, it's probably the Steyr AUG M3 (NATO magazines, of course) or the SCAR 17s (with the 5.56mm conversion bolt and barrel if I'm absolutely flush with cash at the time.)

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Congrats!!!

No photo??? :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
As much as I'd love a FS-2000, I'm just wary of it. Too much polymer in the internals for me. The Tavor is the hot new thing, but that's my problem with it; it's the New Thing. While I don't doubt that the Israelis make some fantastic firearms, the Tavor is just too green to get my vote...I was an early adopter on the FNS platform, but the cost between the FNS (which despite FN's take on the design was still a tried and true platform of 20+ years) and the Tavor is too large of a gap for "This looks cool...hope it works/keeps working."

For my money in the bullpup market, it's probably the Steyr AUG M3 (NATO magazines, of course) or the SCAR 17s (with the 5.56mm conversion bolt and barrel if I'm absolutely flush with cash at the time.)
They started designing the Tavor 20 years ago. It started undergoing military trials 14 years ago and has been issued to their troops for 9 years. I'd say its far from being green and hoping it works.

Congrats on the FNS 40. I like mine alot. I carry IWB. It is the perfect size and while the grip it rough, it works well keeping it from moving around in my hand.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

1 - 8 of 8 Posts