FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine is, since FN is testing the 6.8 spc for the army will it be based on the light or the heavy? and if we buy a light ot heavy scar will we be able to buy a 6.8 conversion?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
IT will probably be another week or 2 before I start such a thread - as the May one was just recently answered...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Export versions of PS90 and FS2000

OK, I have a question.

Are there any plans to have "export" versions of either the PS90 or the FS2000?

AS I understand US law, the Dept. of State has a list of guns and related parts that are termed "Weapons of War" that cannot be exported to foreign civilians.
This includes folding or collapsible stocks, flash hiders (muzzle brakes are OK, but who determines if it is one or the other?), short barreled rifles (SBR's), rifle scopes with MilDot reticles, etc.

As for Canadian law, all these things are allowed. In fact, there are several PS90's and FS2000's in Canada in private ownership already.
However, any rifle with a barrel under 18.5" is a Restricted gun, meaning it can only be used at an approved range, not taken out hunting in the bush.
Also, a flash hider does not count towards the barrel length, so a 17" or 18" barrel with a 2" flash hider is a dumb combo for us, as it still is Restricted.
Far better to have a plain barrel of 18.75". Clean, non-restricted, and OK by the US DOS too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.