FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anybody has a clue or has heard anything through the rumor mill as to when the next batch of SCAR's might be coming out after this initial run? Lets hope its before obama has a chance to wreak havoc on our gun laws and F*#@'s everything up!

·
Registered
92 Posts
why can't FN sell us a parts kit for the scar L and manufacture us a riecever that will pass ATF later to us ,then no laws are broken . :evil: ARE YOU HEARING THIS FN PEOPLE!!! :evil:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think you guys are asking questions that no one knows the answers to yet. The 1st bacth of SCARs just barely hit the doors.

At the next Q&A with FN in Feb 09, there are 10 questions people can ask FN here. However - it's the first 10 that get asked.

Anyway - keep your eyes peeled, and that's probably the place to find out some of this.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So this first batch is the one that FNH talks about in their official FNH section, that they are a limited run with some "differences" that the next/normal runs won't have? They listed the below info. Just asking because if purchasing one at a later date, I would think it would matter if it was a limited edition or not.

"These limited FN SCAR 16S initial production edition rifles are unique and were specially engraved by FNH USA, LLC on both sides of the receiver rather than on one side only. In addition, this FN SCAR 16S initial production edition rifle has been specially packaged in a durable, lockable, waterproof Hardigg® Storm hard side case that is ideal for storage and transportation. They also have been delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
This Certificate of Authenticity attests that the FN SCAR 16S rifle listed above is part of the initial limited production edition that marks the 2008 introduction of the FN SCAR Semi-Automatic Rifle in the United States of America. "

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sooo.......... that makes me feel better if I shell out 6,000.00+ for limited edition SCAR ,that some day if I was to go hungry nobody would laugh at me for asking to get my money back. Or the goverment would give me a choice, prison or turn my SCAR in and get a cooked ham. :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is my understanding that FN hopes to produce and release 200 rifles per month for the first year. Replacement/extra barrels are also a nogo for at least a year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The word from the SHOT Show during set up is this run is for 200 and the next run will be in the late spring and will consist of 1000 rifles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts