FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i really need to know when the safety version will be available...someone has to know the exact dates. i have a place where i can buy the fnp45 for 465 plus shipping and want to take the plunge, but i want the safety and if it is due out soon then i will wait but if this is one of those things where they keep pushing the release back and next thing you know its 2009 ill just buy the gun now. can anyone give me some real information rather than speculation

thanks
john

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. I will start a new Q&A with FN around Aug 20th... Someone can ask that question then....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like ill be waiting for it to come out. i dont want to have to buy 2 45's and the fnp with safety is the one i want so looks like ill have to get another caliber to hold me over till then

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean i really do love everything about this gun
its apparent accuracy
a polymer with a real hammer
da/sa
14 rounds
ergonomic
the only thing im waiting on is the manual safety and dark earth finish. but ill take an all black manual safety version if the dark earth isnt avail. :shock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow that is a pretty high price. i have found the non safety version for almost 200dollars cheaper. I hope the price comes down. i like the gun but i dont like it for 700 dollars. half of the draw to this gun was the great price. maybe this guy is just abnormally high

·
Registered
319 Posts
But that one is a USG shooters pack. Pretty slick :? . USG's come with two 14 round and a 15 round mag too.
I dunno, that seems like a pretty good deal.
$610 without the pack for a USG
Your local dealer may be able to sell them cheaper.
The non USG is probably cheaper as well.
It looks like there is a whole new lineup that hasn't made it to their catalog

Looks like the USG can be had in all 3 color schemes, DA/SA or DA/SA, MS
Although so far I haven't been able to locate a FDE one on the net to get a part #.

The FNH catalog lists #'s for all 3 colors for the FNP-45 lineup with manual safetys.

Maybe tomorrow I can get over to the store and see what they can come up with.
I am all over a FDE USG kit.
May as well go all the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that shooters pack does come with a whole bunch of extras. it might be worth the extra money. but ill wait until the flat dark earth is available since it is coming out. for now ill be get a sig226 357 sig. should hold me over for a few months...hopefully :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased one with a manual safety nearly a month ago. They are in stores, but they are very recent additions to the line-up. The one I purchased was test fired on 5/21 I believe, so it literally made it to the store and then I immediately bought it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So the USG is the manual safty, front slide serations and the shooters pack? I am going to a gun show tomarrow to pick mine up and I want to make sure I get the right one. I do want the safty and DA/SA, do I ask for the USG or are there other differences?

·
Registered
319 Posts
detroit25 said:
So the USG is the manual safty, front slide serations and the shooters pack? I am going to a gun show tomarrow to pick mine up and I want to make sure I get the right one. I do want the safty and DA/SA, do I ask for the USG or are there other differences?
The shooters pack is something new. Not sure if it is a USG only deal or not.
Go to the FNH site and download the handgun catalog. They list all the part #'s for the manual safety models. They come in all colors for the non USG models.

The USG can be had in all colors and DA/SA or DA/SA, MS

·
Registered
31 Posts
powermad said:
detroit25 said:
The shooters pack is something new. Not sure if it is a USG only deal or not.
Go to the FNH site and download the handgun catalog. They list all the part #'s for the manual safety models. They come in all colors for the non USG models.

The USG can be had in all colors and DA/SA or DA/SA, MS

THANKS!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Powermad, Thanks for that link. I've had my local dealer looking for that model for a while with no success. Emailed him the link and maybe he can find it now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Damn, wish I had waited.

Not that I don't like my SA/DA Decocker version.

But to have the safety as well is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys what's the real appeal the ability to carry it cocked and locked? I think the SA/DA with a decocker like the Sigs would be just fine. Heck if you have to carry a cocked and locked pistol get a old 1911 pattern gun and there ya go. For me that's a trip to the safe. But I understand a lot of guys don't have a selection to choose from. I just can't see being the first to run out and pay WAY too much for any gun just because some dealer is telling me that they are rare or hard to get. Good Lord there are so many internet sellers out there now surely paitence would save you a PILE of money. Remember when a DVD player was $600.00? Well I remember when an 8 track player by Pioneer for the car cost about $750.00. And that was in 1970 dollars. I waited then because my dad told me that if I waited it would cost less.

My thinking here is that once the company settles in in the models they are going to build and gets some inventory out to the market all of this scalping is going to subside. Then we will see normal pricing levels and we won't be upset if six months after you got yours a buddy comes up to you at the range pulls his out and announces to you that he bought his for $200.00 to $250.00 less than you paid for yours.

Patience is a virtue, but in this case it's frankly money in your pocket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts