FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an FN SLP shotgun two weeks ago. I want to buy one more to keep pristine. I can't find a new one anywhere less than $1,050.00.00. Does anyone know where I can find one?

HTS

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine (on backorder, sad face) from impact guns for $930 +tax. But they told me it could be 4-5 months.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just talked to Impact Guns this week. They said that FN would be shipping them the SLPs in 4-6 weeks, so hopefully I'll have one within the next month or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well we're getting close to May and still no SLP's.

I just have to figure FN has ceased production and or import of this model.

I'm off to GB to get a Mossberg. The SPX is superior to the FN simply because it exists.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
You will not be sorry with the 930SPX. I have one, and it's a good gas gun. No problems what-so-ever. Good luck with your hunt. :?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well this is quite depressing. I actually joined here to ask you guys where the hell i can get an 18" slp but i guess i won't bother now :-( Every gun store online is sold out with up to 6 months back order for the couple that even know whether they'll ever get them in again. None of my local dealers can order one. I shot one right when they first came out and fell in love with it and now i finally got the money to burn on one and it's like they don't exist anymore. I'll be buying in a month and the only auction i found for one closes in a couple days.

So what happened? Did this model just tank? Or are the cops hogging them all?

Also hi, great place you guys got here.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
It's become a popular shotgun with the NRA award it received, so when they show up, they disappear now. Most people didn't think FN and shotguns in the same thought, but that has begun to change in part to the NRA award. I'm sure law enforcement is getting their orders filled first as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
djv38 said:
It's become a popular shotgun with the NRA award it received, so when they show up, they disappear now. Most people didn't think FN and shotguns in the same thought, but that has begun to change in part to the NRA award. I'm sure law enforcement is getting their orders filled first as well.
Well that's good at least. It is really fine weapon and it's always nice to see when quality gets the attention it deserves. I guess i'm surprised a gun could be so popular it could be out EVERYWHERE, you'de think unless it got popular overnight people would be stocking em to keep up with demand.

Oh well, the mark1's seem a bit cheaper and more readily available, guess i'll start looking at those :| A big shotgun in a small apartment doesn't mesh well but i got my sites set on the slp

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
baserock love said:
djv38 said:
Well that's good at least. It is really fine weapon and it's always nice to see when quality gets the attention it deserves. I guess i'm surprised a gun could be so popular it could be out EVERYWHERE, you'de think unless it got popular overnight people would be stocking em to keep up with demand.

Oh well, the mark1's seem a bit cheaper and more readily available, guess i'll start looking at those :| A big shotgun in a small apartment doesn't mesh well but i got my sites set on the slp
That's like Springfields MC Operator (1911). I now have the cash to get one, and really want one, but there is something like a 9 month wait from the factory, so, I'm getting an FNP 45 in the interim. So, basically, when something good get's recognized, it goes fast (and considering the political climate as well...)

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Most people didn't think FN and shotguns in the same thought"

Now wait a minute. Can you say John Browning and the Browning A-5, the first reliable autoloader? FN made it for most of the 20th century. FN owns Browning and Winchester and still makes shotguns. My Winchester SX-2 Waterfowl says Made in Belgium.

And then there's the Browning Superposed. You can still order one from the FN Custom Shop. Bring money. Lot's of money.

FN is famous for its shotguns. And the Browning Hi-Power. And much more.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
djv38 said:
baserock love said:
djv38 said:

That's like Springfields MC Operator (1911). I now have the cash to get one, and really want one, but there is something like a 9 month wait from the factory, so, I'm getting an FNP 45 in the interim. So, basically, when something good get's recognized, it goes fast (and considering the political climate as well...)
Well i went to the biggest local shop to see if they could help, the moment i said "FN slp" he immediately said "Good luck". I was checking out a benelli m2 pistol grip tactical for a good price and i'm thinking this is what i might end up getting once my money comes through if i still can't get an SLP.

The SLP WILL BE MINE someday but i'm not a big fan of waiting for things hehe

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
JohnBT said:
"Most people didn't think FN and shotguns in the same thought"

Now wait a minute. Can you say John Browning and the Browning A-5, the first reliable autoloader? FN made it for most of the 20th century. FN owns Browning and Winchester and still makes shotguns. My Winchester SX-2 Waterfowl says Made in Belgium.

And then there's the Browning Superposed. You can still order one from the FN Custom Shop. Bring money. Lot's of money.

FN is famous for its shotguns. And the Browning Hi-Power. And much more.

John
I know Browning and Winchester are owned by FN and have some nice shotguns, it's just that a lot of people don't know that FN owns them and typically think of FN for its military rifles and machine guns. To the average hunter or probably even trap shooters, they probably didn't know much about FN. A lot of people I talk to that aren't really up on guns all that much (they still hunt and shoot) don't even really know what FN makes, but I see that changing more and more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually have a NIB SLP and a Mk 1 NIB that I am willing to sell. I got them in the dealer package to get SCARs and will let go at wholesale plus shipping.

[email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
"and typically think of FN for its military rifles and machine guns. To the average hunter or probably even trap shooters, they probably didn't know much about FN"

I think you have both of these completely turned around. Or else the average hunter and clay shooter here in Virginia for the past 50 years is extraordinarily knowledgable.

I suppose if they've never heard of FN they've probably never heard of John Browning and the A5, Superposed and High Power either.

John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts