FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title asks, to what distance do you set your ps90's optic (be it stock or eotech/other) zero to?

I was thinking of zero-ing it to 25 yards and that way the round should still be pretty flat out to 225yards. No?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm so sighting in at 50 yards would give a 3" hitbox between 10yards to 170yards with SS197. That's pretty good. I might try that.
Anyone try 25yards, or have a ballistics chart for that ?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
There is a 50 and 100 yard chart on that WIkipdeia link given above.

50 is the way to go.

I hit 2 inches low at 25 yards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is zeroed from our bedroom door to the bottom of our stairs. Approximately 17 ft. :cool:

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Mr Faded Glory said:
Mine is zeroed from our bedroom door to the bottom of our stairs. Approximately 17 ft. :cool:
That's kind of a waste for a rifle.

On my Eotech reticle - I know that at inside distances (7 yards) - the very bottom point of the EOtech reticle is where I will hit.

So, I need not alter the zero. I just know where to put the eotech at closer distances.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
The PS90/P90 was meant for CQB work. I zero mine at 25. Shots out to 100 are not that critical as far as placement. Anything beyond 100 is just asking to be laughted at. This is NOT a battle rifle. Mind you - I would not want to be shot by one at 100 either way.

Taking head shots at 10 is where it's at with this weapons platform.

High speed low drag.

-TH

·
Registered
356 Posts
ShipWreck said:
On my Eotech reticle - I know that at inside distances (7 yards) - the very bottom point of the EOtech reticle is where I will hit.

So, I need not alter the zero. I just know where to put the eotech at closer distances.
Ship, this is good to know as I'll be zeroing my PS90 when I get home and have an EOTech 512. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
FSCJedi said:
ShipWreck said:

Ship, this is good to know as I'll be zeroing my PS90 when I get home and have an EOTech 512. Thanks!
No problem.

I have a laser on mine set to 7 yards. For a time, I took the laser off (it is back on now) - but after I learned how the laser matched up to the eotech reticle - I learned exactly how to use that reticle for close, close up. You cover the target with that bottom facing point that is attached to the bottom of the Eotech circle. :?

·
Registered
980 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
Hmm so sighting in at 50 yards would give a 3" hitbox between 10yards to 170yards with SS197. That's pretty good. I might try that.
Anyone try 25yards, or have a ballistics chart for that ?
25 yards works for 25 yards but you'll be feet hight @ 100 yards!!!
this is because the line of sight is at a wicked downward angle.

Unless you shoot exclusively at very short ranges do not zero closer than 50 yards.

For most optics on the PS90 the least vertical deviation from 0-200 yards is found with a zero in the 90 yard range.

For people who don't shoot past 100 yards I recommend a zero of 60 yards. This actually brings to POI about an inch closer to the bulseye @ 100 yards than does the 50 yard zero.

Things are complicated with the PS90 because of the extreme height of the optic over the bore. The balistics chart for an optic that sits 3.25 inches over the bore will be different than that of an optic that sits 3..5 inches over the bore. So the ideal zero depends on your optic and your preference. It takes a lot of work to figure out.

But to make things simple, you can't go very wrong with a zero between 50 and 100 yards. I'm just nitpicky because I like to show off and hit things the size of coins throughout the weapons range.

·
Registered
980 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I learned exactly how to use that reticle for close, close up. You cover the target with that bottom facing point that is attached to the bottom of the Eotech circle. :?
Yep! Thats what I do too :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm a beleaver in sighting it in at 50 yards. At 100 yards (using SS195) I aim at the belly button, cuz I figure it this way; if it hits low in the pelvis, well he's not going anywhere. If it hits high, then it's in his chest, bad news for him. If I do hit him in the bully button, well just the reailaztion that he just got shot in his birthing plug will throw them in shock. LOL

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
devildoc said:
I'm a beleaver in sighting it in at 50 yards. At 100 yards (using SS195) I aim at the belly button, cuz I figure it this way; if it hits low in the pelvis, well he's not going anywhere. If it hits high, then it's in his chest, bad news for him. If I do hit him in the bully button, well just the reailaztion that he just got shot in his birthing plug will throw them in shock. LOL
:-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts