FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why you keep your fingers away from the cylinder edge.

I used some raw hotdogs for the testing. Hotdogs are more dense and solid than most peoples fingers so I figured it would work well. I wish I would have had a piece of Polish sausage to test....

I used regular wal-mart bought 44 mag solid lead target loads...

Here is the same test with a 22LR. What you can't see is that the hotdog did have a razor like cut along the powder burn so it was worse than it looked and that was with standard velocity solids.

Scuba

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
I am more of a kilebasa kind of guy myself.......and always with kraut.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup, stupid hurts. That's one helluva demonstration. You also picked one helluva cold time to do it too! :eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
You might want to change that second video with the .22 LR. It looks like you kept your finger off the trigger and the muzzle pointed downrange, but it probably was not the best idea to adjust your hearing protection with the hand holding the loaded gun. It is just one of those things where you know that you should maintain a safe distance between your head the handgun's muzzle.

Other than that, it was an interesting demonstration. I have not seen the ARFcom video with the .460. My friend, a firearms instructor, once had to grab a .38 that a police cadet was holding. The cadet was being unsafe and started to sweep people with a loaded gun and his finger was on the trigger. The gun went off with the shot going down range and into the floor. My friend told me his palm was cut open by the blast.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen the muzzle blast out of the flashhider on a Argentine Para FAL tear a heavy duty nylon duffle bag to pieces. We were using the duffel as a rest... Had no idea about it until after the shooting was done, went to pick up the duffel and all the crap in it fell out...

·
Registered
178 Posts
iwannausername said:
I've seen the muzzle blast out of the flashhider on a Argentine Para FAL tear a heavy duty nylon duffle bag to pieces. We were using the duffel as a rest... Had no idea about it until after the shooting was done, went to pick up the duffel and all the crap in it fell out...
Been there, done that to a corn filled rest with a M4. Muzzle blast from my FAL later were throwing partially filled ammo boxes off the shooting table.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts