FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the 20s 6.5, and have really struggled to find ammo the past few months. I’ve scoured the internet and local area down here in southern Louisiana for the last week. Anyone have any advice on finding reasonably priced 6.5 Creedmoor ammo in this day and age?

Also PM if you have any to sell. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m new to the 20s 6.5, and have really struggled to find ammo the past few months. I’ve scoured the internet and local area down here in southern Louisiana for the last week. Anyone have any advice on finding reasonably priced 6.5 Creedmoor ammo in this day and age?

Also PM if you have any to sell. Thanks in advance.
Where are you located regionally? I went to three different stores in the Cincinnati, OH area today and they all had a selection on the shelf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you located regionally? I went to three different stores in the Cincinnati, OH area today and they all had a selection on the shelf.
I am just south of New Orleans. I have called about 15 gunshops within 30 miles and had no luck. Were the prices fair, or were they price gouging?

·
Registered
817 Posts

may as well buy match if you're getting ripped off for everything else?

the best online finder i know of is ammoseek.com, but there i think there are similar websites.

welcome to the forums. unfortunately you picked up the rifle at a particularly challenging time.
i hate to suggest buying a lot whenever you find it, even at inflated prices. hope it gets better....

·
Registered
912 Posts
The LGS here had a large selection when I was in there last weekend. They had very little .308 or 7.62, but lots of selection for 6.5. They were asking $35 for a box of 20 Hornady Match, but did not spend a lot of time looking at prices as I load my own.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Either buy in bulk at inflated prices from reputable internet retailers or wait for a long while for prices to stabilize/improve.

Most of the high volume shooters of the expensive stuff always reload their ammunition, especially for situations such as this where they expect a disruption in reloading supplies availability for about a year or so.

Other than 7.62x39 and .22 LR (which isn't really reloadable), I haven't bought a box of factory ammo I think in over 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try buying directly from Federal. I've done it numerous times for 6.5, .308, 30-06 and other calibers in their new Terminal Ascent brand as recently as today. Check the following link...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts