FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yep. They are non existent. Go look at CMMG's website. They have parts from a P90 minus the receiver - They want $2k for the parts!

U have to send it in to FN if something breaks, I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
metoe said:
2K for part and a new PS90 is $1600
Bear in mind that they are also talking bout the full auto fire control group too.. still for a small bit of plastic its outrageous.

New fully auto LEO P90s are going for $1400 Ive seen on the web.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you all are using CMMG's prices as a barometer, you need to raise your standards a little. CMMG sells the Assault Systems P90 case at $89.95 and you can buy it direct from Assault Systems for $74.95. That's 20% markup on retail!

Or look at the USSS sight. Retail on the sight is $618 and CMMG sells it for $600. Retail on a PS90 is $2074, yet a common internet price is $1400 or less. Seems crazy to support CMMG's prices. When others begin selling the USSS sight, you'll see significant savings.

Hell, I bought their $50 factory brass catcher for $30!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
hkbeltfed said:
If you all are using CMMG's prices as a barometer, you need to raise your standards a little. CMMG sells the Assault Systems P90 case at $89.95 and you can buy it direct from Assault Systems for $74.95. That's 20% markup on retail!

Or look at the USSS sight. Retail on the sight is $618 and CMMG sells it for $600. Retail on a PS90 is $2074, yet a common internet price is $1400 or less. Seems crazy to support CMMG's prices. When others begin selling the USSS sight, you'll see significant savings.

Well, I understand that their prices are a bit high (their ammo and mag prices are fair) - but my point is, I have never seen ANY spare parts sold anywhere else.

Contact FN and see what they tell U...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hkbeltfed said:

Where did you get the brass catcher....I really need one!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy questions about durability.

Except for the auto fire ability of the P90, are the trigger groups of the P90 and PS90 basically the same?

Do both trigger groups have the same amount of plastic?

Has anyone noticed any unusual wear and tear?

I'm curious because the plastic content has me wondering.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think they are probably similar enough, plastic-wise. But will defer to someone who has messed with the packs more.

I'm not really worried about wear. The gun has been around over 10 years now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
drbrown said:
Where did you get the brass catcher....I really need one!
Botac.com

Remember what I was saying about CMMG's prices? Here's the USSS sight for $500 shipped... http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=189632

I expect them at $400 shortly. How good can their customer service be to justify their prices?!? I guess I'll never know. To those that enjoy doing business with them, more power to you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
While I am not one to pass on the lowest available internet price I had to chime in with a warning about Botac.com

Do a search with there name on glocktalk.com and bladeforums.com and you will read allot of horror stories. They seem to be very hit and miss even if you call in to verify stock, etc..

I don't think you have to pay more for good service. Great price and good customer service can be found in the same place if you look hard enough but it doesn't appear that either of the above mentioned have both

·
Registered
28 Posts
Me too! But geez, it's a factory FN brass catcher for $30.. NOT $50! I've ordered from botac twice (with trepidation!) and both orders were perfect start to finish.

I'm with theBadGuy's take on customer service vs price and a balance needs to be found. I guess I just can't believe people are paying retail for a USSS sight regardless of customer service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered a brass catcher from Botac. Shipping was hight but still lower than other places. Got an email it shipped the day after I ordered.

What kind of problems have people had with them?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Allot of the threads I have read about people having problems with Botac was folks placing orders and items being out of stock. They would charge for the full price of the order and ship a partial shipment. The back ordered items would take a LONG (months) time to come in and they would refuse to refund that portion of the sale. I remember other threads where people called in to verify availability and placed the order minutes later only to get back order status on the items.

Other posts I read dealt with a guy paying an outrageous overnight shipping charge. The item was shipped overnight alright, 4 days after the order was placed, it was shipped overnight. There were allot more! Most of them I am sure were on Blade Forums and Glock Talk but enough people chimed in with problems that I never gave them a shot first hand.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
UPDATE - CMMG is now selling all parts for the PS90 - at least the large components (stock, receiver with barrel, trigger pack and moving parts group...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts