FN Herstal Firearms banner

Where to pre order the SCAR

6K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Aimpointed 
#1 ·
can we make a list of retailers either links or contact info for any one interested, including me in pre ordering the SCAR.

are dealers still taking pre orders? will dealers be limited to the number of pre orders they can take? if any one has info on dealers, pricing and weather or not they are taking or still taking pre orders please post!

#3 ·
Re: SCARS

hk4$ said:
Bud's Guns in Paris Kentucky has a preorder pf 50 of each. That leaves 49 for each of you! He states that they will give him a price but that price can be subject to an increase prior to actual delivery.
Paul
Interesting. Why would the price be subject to change, just because he can? What exactly do you mean by saying 50 "OF EACH"? I think that Buds might be feeding you a line on that one. I know with the amount of inventory that they move, they shouldn't have a problem ordering though.

I just called and someone answered, "Buds Gunshop, how can I help you?"

"I was calling to see if I could order an FN SCAR and also get the price."

"Sorry, we're closed today."

Click. Nothing else, he just hung up.

:D

If the price was cheaper than what my dealer was getting mine for, I was going to order a second. I guess not from them!

#5 ·
Re: SCARS

itstock said:
hk4$ said:
Bud's Guns in Paris Kentucky has a preorder pf 50 of each. That leaves 49 for each of you! He states that they will give him a price but that price can be subject to an increase prior to actual delivery.
Paul
Interesting. Why would the price be subject to change, just because he can? What exactly do you mean by saying 50 "OF EACH"? I think that Buds might be feeding you a line on that one. I know with the amount of inventory that they move, they shouldn't have a problem ordering though.

I just called and someone answered, "Buds Gunshop, how can I help you?"

"I was calling to see if I could order an FN SCAR and also get the price."

"Sorry, we're closed today."

Click. Nothing else, he just hung up.

:D

If the price was cheaper than what my dealer was getting mine for, I was going to order a second. I guess not from them!

WHAT? That's messed up man.

#13 ·
Kooter Blaster said:
You should try Collectors Firearms from Houston TX. Call at 713-781-1960 and they have a web site to. I use to work there and got one from there and still have connects. They have six ordered from the FN package deal but one should hurry before they are pre ordered again.
Kooter,
What kinda $$$ did you have to dish for yours?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

#14 ·
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
Kooter Blaster said:
You should try Collectors Firearms from Houston TX. Call at 713-781-1960 and they have a web site to. I use to work there and got one from there and still have connects. They have six ordered from the FN package deal but one should hurry before they are pre ordered again.
Kooter,
What kinda $$$ did you have to dish for yours?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH
Don't take my price as standard since I paid employee price and they gave me dibs on one since I was the one in charge of ordering the SCAR packets by ordering so many FN products through our distributors. Somewhere about the $2,400.00 after taxes is what I paid and I have to say I didn't dispute that price, but I'm not bragging about it either. So I don't know what they are going to charge since every gun store is in the butt raping mood without giving you astroglide to ease the pain. From what I figure your looking at the mid 3's or a little higher after their markup. So don't take my figure as written in stone. Oh yeah stryker I have to say your avatar rocks, I'm looking to kill a squirrel that size some day. :shock:

#15 ·
Thanks for the info on the zort. I know what you paid doesn't mean anyone else can touch one for that dough. :? I was just curious. I gave up my FFL 20+ years ago.

You like that kill huh? It took 4 hours of tracking and over 100 rounds of .308 to bring that thing down. We were down by the Braidwood Nuclear Power Plant hunting four eyed coyotes, when we saw this thing. My spotter gets the credit for the kill though. He finally put one through its ear to stop it from wiggling. :?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

#16 ·
with FN dealer packages being 14.000.00$ with 3 scars included why did motorboy pay 9.275.00 for one scar? whats another 5,000.00 to get two more scars plus a bunch of other guns you could seel easy. I think motorboy is a stupid lottery winner. not a CEO like some people fantasized about. Hardcore Tactial presold all 9 scars for 3,750.00 each all ready that is the most money the scar could ever be worth even with a gun band. Do you think Obama is stupid enough to band assult rifels, NO that will only make then worth more, He will make a band that will make them worth less. Dont think buying a firearm is an investment, you will only loose. :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.