FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shouldn't we be seeing Bush more in front here?

With all this going on, I would expect our Prez to be constently on the screen. Calming the people with talk of how he is working with Congress... I haven't seen him. Did I miss a speech? Are the networks not playing his comments? Seriously, I have not seen him. I would expect to see Reagan or Clinton repeated replays on the news... Bush... nothing since the 25th..
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4476789n

·
Registered
630 Posts
Since the Democrats have managed to blame him for their problems that lead to the morgatge melt down, whats the point? they would just claim he is out of touch

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm sick and tired of hearing that "the credit market is backed up and people can't get loans to buy OVERPRICED homes" BS, go buy a tent.

·
Registered
630 Posts
the democrats forced banks to give loans to all kinds of low income people some without even valid ss number. if they were not ballon mortages then everything would have been fine, stupid but fine. now when the payments on those house ballooned the whole mess fail apart

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Fine, And the republican were deep into ENRON. They were deep into deregulating everything.

Now why do you think that the Dem's are cartering to those that can't afford a home? Could it be that there are so damn many of them? Ya think.

In 2002 a barrel of oil was $24 a barrel, The republicans wanted to deregulate it and open it up to the speculation market, oil hit $140 a barrel a little while ago. It cost $18 to pump it out of the ground. Happy now.

Here is the problem as I see it, Tons of US manufacturing jobs were sent overseas. Trade agreements have been one sided against us. Illegal Immigration has gone hog wild, and minimum wages have not kept up with inflation. Then add the cost cost of two wars and here we are.

How do we get out of this? Work and pay off our bills. Cut things that don't need to be done right now. Stop borrowing. Stop speculating, Stop building cars that get 6 miles per gallion and $500,000 homes, Stop foreign Aid, **** can trade agreements and tax imports. Secure our boarders and get the hell out of Iraq.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Agreed but the solution is two-fold.

Stop the excessive govt spending. Get out of Iraq. Put reasonable regulation in wall st and the banking industry. Reform our trade agreements. Do all those things you mentioned but I think that only gets you half the way there.

The other half involves a fundamental change in fiscal behavior of the American people. I have yet to hear any politician place any hint of blame on irresponsible personal spending. Who is going to lead that change initiative?

You can reform govt all you want but who is going to change the "I want it now, buy it on credit, deal with the repercussions later" mantra.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Should we put on the hip boots now or wait until after Obama is elected?
It's not any one groups fault. That's why there are people voted into office from both the Dems and the Reps. Imagine if all of them actually showed up and voted yay or nay on issues and actually understood what the hell they were voting on rather than either not voting at all or voting present. You may think that I'm describing BHO with that statement, but unfortunately, I'm not. I'm describing countless congressmen on both sides of the isle. So when people start saying it was (blanks) fault, it really cracks me up, because this crap happens on both sides, they are equally culpable.

Zhur

·
Registered
630 Posts
devildoc said:
Fine, And the republican were deep into ENRON. They were deep into deregulating everything.

Now why do you think that the Dem's are cartering to those that can't afford a home? Could it be that there are so damn many of them? Ya think.

In 2002 a barrel of oil was $24 a barrel, The republicans wanted to deregulate it and open it up to the speculation market, oil hit $140 a barrel a little while ago. It cost $18 to pump it out of the ground. Happy now.

Here is the problem as I see it, Tons of US manufacturing jobs were sent overseas. Trade agreements have been one sided against us. Illegal Immigration has gone hog wild, and minimum wages have not kept up with inflation. Then add the cost cost of two wars and here we are.

How do we get out of this? Work and pay off our bills. Cut things that don't need to be done right now. Stop borrowing. Stop speculating, Stop building cars that get 6 miles per gallion and $500,000 homes, Stop foreign Aid, **** can trade agreements and tax imports. Secure our boarders and get the hell out of Iraq.
enron happend under clinton's watch and Clinton got huge donations from Enron. what the shait was about to hit the fan and enron went to Bush for a bail out he told them NO

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hummm....

The subject line on this thread is: “Where is Bush?”. Well, you could expand that question to, “Where has Bush been?”, and “Where is Bush now”?

Lets take the second question first. In the present climate, because of the uninformed masses in this country, every time Bush says anything, it hurts McCain. I don’t know, but I think that speaks volumes as to the thinking of our society.

The First question:
It seems to me, that Bush, and his administration, began warning the country in general, and Congress in particular back in 2001. And to date, in every State of the Union message to Congress he gave warnings, and many other messages to Congress. Since taking office, he has been pleading with Congress to take pre-emptive action. Nothing was done. In the neighborhood of 20 messages to Congress, the hardest hitting were in State of the Union addresses. Additionally, McCain is on record as well, about 2 ½ years ago trying to get Congress in gear. All of this is public record, and incidently, through the efforts of others on this forum, most of this information is available right here. All one has to do is look.

I personally think Bush has been there for us. We, and Congress, just chose not to listen. Too much time lost in the Mall or Country Club.

Chris

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
And to date, in every State of the Union message to Congress he gave warnings, and many other messages to Congress. Since taking office, he has been pleading with Congress to take pre-emptive action. Nothing was done
And yet from Jun 2001 - Jan 2007 the Repulicans controlled the House, The Senate and the Oval Office. Who's deaf ears did this pleas fall on?

Hey I voted for Bush in 2000, and when 9-11 happened and he took decisive action, I was proud of him. Then he kind of went off the deep end. I don't know if he started hitting the bottle again or what happened, but he screwed the pooch and lost all credibility.

Lets see:

-Outing a CIA secrete agent. Then protecting his boy that got caught.
-Lying about Al-Qaeda in Iraq.
-NO WMD's.
-No bid contracts (hallaberton)
-Trying to sell US ports to Dubia.
-Torturing prisoners.
-Comprehensive Immigration.
-Hiring Merc's.
-Allowing mexican truck driver in the US.
-Advising the SCOTUS to NOT rule on DC gun ban.
-And now Bailing out Corporations both foreign and domestic with taxpayers money. Not to mention the current deficit.

Bush is a failure. I wished I had never voted for him.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Let's not forget the 2 issues that I think are Bush's biggest let downs

(1) Putting Paul Bremmer in charge of the CPA in Iraq. This is the guy, who with the authority of the WH, outlawed the Bath Party and alienated a majority of the professional infrastructure who did not like Saddam but were in it for political reasons and took away their voice allowing the Shia to go on a killing spree. He then disbanded the Iraqi military and sent 100K armed and trained Iraqis home unemployed and hating America and ripe for the insurgency.

(2) Allowing Cheney, Addington and the guy at DoJ (I cant remember his name - I think it was Hue maybe) to create these secret WH white papers which essentially stated the executive branch decisions are without review. There are hundreds of them on file.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The battle cry of DEREGULATION is what directly lead to the financial crisis we are in now. Now, historically who has been leading the charge for less government regulation in business and industry?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts