FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Budget $550, but spending less is always good.

No plastic. Must be DA/SA and have decocker, or be a reasonable DAO.

Really like the CZ 75 BD and/or the P-01 but they are a hair above budget.

There is a lightly used CZ P-40 at a LGS for $400. Kinda wanting 9mm for the cheaper cost of ammo, but considering a 75 BD runs close to $600 the difference would cover the cost difference in ammo for quite a while. But from what I've read (and the confusion between the 40P and P-40) magazines are a bit hard to come by and a holster choice may be limited. The holster isn't such a big deal to me, but I will need one eventually.

There is a SIG P6 at a local pawn place, but $500, only one mag, and lots of exterior wear. Apparently good mags run $35 or so, and I'd need a few extras...

Another local place has a S&W 4013 TSW with 5 mags for $450. Seems like a good deal, but I've never really been half way interested in a S&W before...

I've seen various other 9mms at local pawn places - a S&W 915, a few Astras, a rather worn FEG HP clone, etc. Nothing that really called to me, but all in the $300-350 price range.

Keeping in mind the DA/SA w/ decocker or DAO, and no polymer, what other guns should I be looking at?

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Save up a couple bucks if need be and go with your first choice....you simply cannot go wrong with a CZ 75 of any size, decocker model...just sayin'.
I wholeheartedly endorse this statement.

Reactions: Kakashi66218

·
Registered
848 Posts
You'll like a CZ, I have a jericho 941, which is a weird clone and +3 to the CZ 75.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're on the right track... CZ P09.

Meets your criteria, including budget. Fantastic pistol. Plus 19+1 standard capacity is hard to argue with!

you can get it for around $460 from Centerfireguns.com

Edit: oh... I missed the "no polymer".... But I think you'll find the CZ P09 doesn't really inspire whatever feelings of hate you have about polymer lowers. It's just a more modern takes on the classic CZ 75 basic design. Check one out in person before you decide. It's an awesome weapon.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Beretta 92, any variant they now offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts