FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided that I'm going to use an Aimpoint on my tri-rail when it comes in, does anyone know what mount is best for it on this gun? It's currently on my AR15 flattop with a GG&G mount, but it's a riser to clear the front sight.

I guess I need to see if I can find the old aimpoint box to see if there's a stock mount in there, but I don't recall it having one....

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Which Aimpoint? I use an Aimpoint H-1 with a Yankee Hill riser on my PS90 tri rails because I use the two mag setup (with the mag connector) which raises the cheek weld somewhat. I don't have a picture yet but will try to post one tomorrow night. The H-1 will connect directly to the rail and works fine for me as long as I am using a single mag. I prefer the higher setup, seems more comfortable.

I also use the H-1 on my FS2000s and it co-witnesses with the iron sights. I attach it directly to the top rail of the FS2000 and it's the perfect height for me.

Have you tried the GG&G and does it make the sight sit too high? Are you going to use a single mag or the double mag setup? It really does make a difference.

·
Registered
475 Posts
+1 on the micro aimpoint, its low profile and the mount is already built in

·
Registered
265 Posts
horse9640 said:
+1 on the micro aimpoint, its low profile and the mount is already built in
And is light, and a great little sight.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the ML3.. I don't have my PS90 yet, it will be here on Monday (can't stand the wait!). It is currently being used with a GG&G Cantilever mount, which looks like this :

The mount brings the aimpoint up and forward, and I do believe this will make the aimpoint too high.

I also got good news today: Cabelas just got the SS197 in stock and my case should be here on Monday also!! :shock:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I agree that the cantilever mount would be too high. But I can't help with what mount to use. The other Aimpoint I was considering was the CompM4S but it had a built in mount so I didn't research mounts.

And I agree with you..........I HATE TO WAIT also!!!!! But the wait will be worth it, just hang in there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a huge fan of GG&G mounts, they are extremely high quality and I like the fact that they have a spare battery cover and compartment to carry a spare battery. I have thought about the standard GG&G mount, but it does have a slight rise in it, so I don't think it would be the best thing on a PS90...

I guess I just need to do some searching, I've always just bought the GG&G mounts. I'm even thinking just a standard, high quality scope mount would work, but I always like to get the best when I'm setting up my guns, I want to do it once and do it right...

·
Registered
42 Posts

I got the A.R.M.S. Aimpoint mount for my comp ML3, although I still need to sight it in but it locks on nicely.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FiveOh said:

I got the A.R.M.S. Aimpoint mount for my comp ML3, although I still need to sight it in but it locks on nicely.
Will that work OK with the triple rail? That will prob. be the one I go with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts