FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Getting my scar soon, starting its jail sentence friday and am wondering which kinds of lube-cleaner- oil- grease to use. I read the stickied thread about oiling but am curious to the exact clp or mpro7 products to use or whatever others may be recommended. Right now all I have is remoil that I use on my ar bolts and stuff and I am sure it is not a good one to use.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not Rem-oil, that's for sure.
I've been using Rand CLP on my DPMS AP-4.
Ignoring the whole "nano particle" thing, my rifle stays cool, 100% reliability, and the normally nasty M4 bolt cleans up easily.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts

Woops wrong forum :biggrin:

·
Registered
609 Posts
astroglide lololol

i use clp for general cleaning and storage
hoppes 9 for bore cleaning
30 weight nondetergent motor oil for lube. i use a very light coat on the carrier and bolt. motor oil doesnt burn off and it migrates where its needed just like any lube dont over do it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Froglube on all my weapons. I've tried a lot of CLP. It all worked, but the froglube did also and is non-toxic. I like to sit in front of the TV and watch while I clean.

Jason

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used EWL along with other Slip products for cleaning on my weapons for the past few years with great results but recently changed up to Fireclean. So far I'm impressed with the results. Everything cleans super easy and it does penetrate the surfaces it's on. I tried froglube before but wasn't impressed. I may use it on my reloading presses tough.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts