Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flat

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a feel for which grip panel you FNP owners prefer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I bet the grip on the FNP-45 will be flat! You probably should do a separite poll for the FNP-45!

·
Registered
249 Posts
For 9mm and .40 I think the curved panel looks and feels better.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like the curved on my 40 and the flat one on my 45.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only fired my FNP-40 with the curved backstrap. I did install the flat backstrap and do like the feel of it better in my hand but It looks so much better with curved back strap - call me vain! :cool:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the curved strap, I feel like my finger is in better position with the trigger, but I wonder if I can get a tighter grip with the flat panel. I need to give the flat a try during a range session to prove that theory out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FNP backstrap

I have been back and forth several times on my 45. The curved is more comfortable overall, but the flat seems to allow for a better overall grip. So I really don't know which one I like. :-?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely, curved on my FNP40, I just got my FNP45 last night and have been toying with both the curved and flat. I think the flat is more comfortable. Have not shot it yet though...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently acquired an FNP-45, my first FNH handgun. I use the flat backstrap because the arched one makes the grip just a bit too fat for my medium-size hands. I suspect if I had a smaller FNP (-9 or -40), I'd probably prefer the arched for their grips. I own a potload of SIGs, and I love the shape of their grip, which isn't all that different from an FNP-9 or FNP-40 with the arched backstrap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine should be ready to pick-up at my LGS tomorrow. I handled a 9mm in the store, and I liked the feel of the curved backstrap. The squared one would have to make a super difference for me to switch them out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine should be ready to pick-up at my LGS tomorrow. I handled a 9mm in the store, and I liked the feel of the curved backstrap. The squared one would have to make a super difference for me to switch them out.
I GOT IT! I did switch the backstraps and tried the "squared" one. The curved one fits my hand better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
tried shooting my .45 with the flat strap first with good results, but i thought i liked the feel of the curved strap better as it felt more natural, so i switched it out. shot terribly with it, so its back to the flat strap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the FNP-45 suitable for small handed shooters with the flat backstrap? I have yet to handle one. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts